Today's Nintendo Direct

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Jonathan_Leack, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Former Executive Editor

I was really impressed by Nintendo's presentation today. It managed to fit a lot into 30 minutes, and I would regard a handful of the reveals as being relatively significant, such as the new gameplay mode in Splatoon 2 and a new Monster Hunter Stories game for the 3DS.

What did you guys and girls think?

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Veteran

Didn't watch it, but I read the article.

As dumb as this will sound, I will probably buy Minecraft for the Nintendo Switch. Minecraft is one of my all time, favourite time killer games. The fact that it's portable now, or going to be portable, is dangerous to me.

NEOGEO Masterpieces sounds interesting. Will look into that.

I'll consider Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers. That'll depend on its price tag, though.

There's one RPG that looks interesting, but I forgot what it's called.

3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator

All my want for a new Metroid game is just overtaking any other judgement of mine.

No news about Metroid - so IT WAS CRAP!

4. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Former Executive Editor

Today wasn't the platform for a big game announcement like that. Wait for E3.

5. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

If only Samus could break free of her shackles like Cloud and friends did.

6. Griffin_Vacheron

If this E3 doesn't have some sort of big Metroid announcement, then it's unlikely anything Metroid is in the works I'd say. Especially if a Retro Studios game that's NOT Metroid is revealed, then things will be looking pretty grim for Samus. Unless Nintendo proper is making a 2D Metroid, which is always possible. But there haven't really been any rumblings about that either that I'm aware of.

I liked the Direct, but I'm not sure if I liked the "headlines" segments, even though they were rich with info about tons of games. Information overload, to the point that I can't off the top of my head remember what any of those smaller headlines were.