The Fighter Character Battle (TFCB) 2010.

Ok boys and girls....let's get the show on the road. It's time for The Fighter Character Battle 2010!

Last year was perhaps the most exciting tournament I can remember in the six years I have done this. It was the year of the upsets, the year of the little guys making it fairly far into the tournaments in recent memory. From this one of the most diverse final fours was conceived, and an unlikely winner, Tiger Jackson of Tekken, beat out his fellow Tekken fighter and heavy favorite Heihachi in a vote that was so close, it took two days for a tie-breaking vote to end the deadlock.

This year the FCB had the pleasure of doing a long, fun seasonal schedule, with 17 tournaments over the course of seven months. From those tournaments, 34 fighters have been given automatic bids into this tournament. From this, a diverse cast has already earned their right to represent their games, big and small, in this showdown. The fights will be long and tough this year, the anticipation has been built over a yearly schedule, and the champions will now get their chance, the do or die moment to be crowned the Champion of 2010!

Here are the rules of the showdown.

1. Some games that became fighter games or have fighter elements will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Fight Night, Dragonball Z, MK vs DC, Super Smash Bros, etc. that have licensed characters that are not from an original fighter game will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else. (I know i'm a pain with this rule, but the reason is to give the unknowns a shot over established characters who can sneak in, like Mario, Goku, Spiderman, and so on. HOWEVER, original characters ARE ELIGIBLE, like Master Hand, for example.)

2. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Joker, Superman and others from MK vs DC, Yoda, The Apprentice and Vader from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters.

3. Characters with more than one persona may be eligible. For example, Jin Kazama and his persona known as Devil Jin, are eligible to participate as separate characters.

4. No M.U.G.E.N custom characters are allowed to participate in the showdown. It defeats the purpose of a VS Fighter Character Tournament if we include them, as they are mostly in the same realm as Spiderman, Megaman, etc. So please do not nominate M.U.G.E.N characters.

5. TIES in the game will be resolved by a final vote by someone who has not voted in that round. For example, if Lien did not vote in a round that features Spiderman and Wolverine against each other, he may vote for the winner if it is tied. If he did vote in that round, he is not allowed to vote again. IF THERE IS NO VOTE AFTER TWO DAYS, NEXT VOTE WINS IT AGAIN.

6. A TOTAL of 128 characters will be eligible for this showdown. No more, no less. You guys will each nominate eight fighters of your choice. If a fighter was chosen I will ask you to nominate a new character. We have a total 34 already in the showdown, plus the five previous winners (Ryu, Armor King, Killik, Sol Badguy, Tiger Jackson) are already in the showdown. That is a total of 39 characters. Since I am asking for eight characters in the showdown, and I am a stickler for even numbers because it makes things easy for me, I will show you a nomination bid with 9 more characters added, just to make it even and up it to 48.

My nominations for this year....

Urien (Street Fighter)
Kaede (Last Blade)
Sabrewulf (Killer Instinct)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Galford D. Weller (Samurai Showdown)
Face (Battle Fantasia)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Aaron (Dark Rift)
Taokaka (Blazblue)

I picked this list as an example of some games, both old and new, popular and not. You choose what you want in your lists guys. REMEMBER ONLY EIGHT NOMINATIONS.

Current Nominations

STREET FIGHTER

Ryu
Sagat
Cammy
Alex
Urien
Blanka
Cody
Chun-Li

Tekken

King
Armor King
Tiger Jackson
Heihachi
Sergei
Kazuya
Eddy Gordo
Yoshimitsu
Lei
Lili
Miguel
Marshall Law
Forrest Law
Paul Phoenix

Soul Calibur

Sophitia
Taki
Kilik
Mitsurugi
Ivy
Xianghua
Siegfried
Cassandra

Mortal Kombat

Sub-Zero
Kenshi
Scorpion
Kung-Lao

King of Fighters

King (KOF)
Lucky Gauber
Heidern
Kyo Kusunagi

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Bonne Jenet

Blazblue

Noel Vermillion
Iron Tager
Taokaka
Mu-12
Bang Shishigami

Guilty Gear

Sol Badguy
Bridget
Faust
Chip Zanuff
Ky Kiske
Potempkin

Dead or Alive

Kasumi
Bayman
Hitomi

Killer Instinct

Sabrewulf
Fulgore

The Last Blade

Setsuna
Shigen
Kaede

Virtua Fighter

Wolfe Hawkfield
Jeffry McWild
Pai Chan
Lau Chan

Darkstalkers

Donovan
John Talbain
Jedah

Samurai Showdown

Galford D. Weller

Eternal Champions

Larcen Tyler
Xavier
R.A.X

Clayfighter

Bad Mr. Frosty
Blue Suede Goo

Power Stone

Gunrock
Falcon
Rogue

Battle Arena Toshinden

Duke B. Rambert
Ten Count
Trish

Battle Fantasia

Face

Primal Rage

Talon

Weaponlord

Zorn
Jen-Tai

Bloody Roar

Alice
Shina
Long
Uriko
Nagi

Waku Waku 7

Fernandez
Politank-Z
Tessie

Red Earth

Kenji
Gigi

Dark Rift

Aaron

Dynasty Warriors

Cao Cao
Lu Bu
Xaihou Dun

Rival Schools

Batsu

One Must Fall 2097

Crystal Devore

Final Fight

Mike Haggar

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Ruby Heart

Ehrgeiz

Godhand (Ken Mishima)

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

Jodo Kast

Super Smash Bros

Master Hand

Shaq-Fu

Sett Ra

LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! LET THE BATTLES BEGIN!

Finally! Don't know what the last thread you made was about, but it sure wasn't this. Which was a letdown.

Good thing I read it this time. And read it again, seeing as how you nominated Taokaka... and that I had to remove another fighter.

Shaq Fu - Shaquille O'Neal (If not, replace with King of Fighters - Lucky Gauber )
Blaz Blue - Mu-12
Dead or Alive - Kasumi
King of Fighters - Heidern
Eternal Champions - R.A.X. Coswell
Waku Waku 7 - Tessie
One Must Fall 2097 - Crystal Devroe
Shaq Fu - Sett-Ra

Alright!! Welcome back :D

Yoshimitsu (Tekken) - It's Yoshi's year this year!!
Ivy (Soul Calibur)
Haggar (Final Fight)
Cody (Street Fighter)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Kyo (King Of Fighters) - since HK nominated Heidern, I'm gonna see if Kyo can snoop him out for revenge after he lost to him in the "regionals!"
Lei (Tekken)

That was such a memorable round... Heidern should have been placed automatically in the finals for that.

Lili - Tekken
Miguel - Tekken
Siegfried Schtauffen - Soul Calibur
Cassandra - Soul Calibur
Ky Kiske - Guilty Gear
Potempkin - Guilty Gear
Bayman - Dead or Alive
Hitomi - Dead or Alive

Sett Ra (Shaq Fu) is my #1 pick from last year. HK, you broke my heart.

Bad Mr. Frosty (Clayfighters)
Blue Suede Goo (Clayfighters)
Falcon (Power Stone)
Gunrock (Power Stone)
Rogue (Power Stone)

I'll add more.

No problem, I thought that it might not work so I picked an alternate Shaq but I had to try nonetheless.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Sett Ra (Shaq Fu) is my #1 pick from last year. HK, you broke my heart.

If I couldn't have Shaq as my first pick, then I would have Sett Ra for my last pick. Unless Links wouldn't mind if I have another eight.
But we both thought of the same pick! Shouldn't that bring us together instead of split us apart?

Jedah (DarkStalkers)
Trish (Battle Arena Toshinden)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
Kung Lao (Mortal Kombat)
Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur)
Chipp Zanuff (Guilty Gear)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Long (Bloody Roar)

Xianghua - Soul Calibur
Uriko the Half Beast - Bloody Roar
Nagi the Spurious - Bloody Roar 2
Cao Cao - Dynasty Warriors
Xaihou Dun - Dynasty Warriors
Lu Bu - Dynasty Warriors
Pai Chan - Virtua Fighter 2
Lau Chan - Virtua Fighter 2

(Remember, Dynasty Warriors was originally a 2D fighting game back in 1997, so I believe they should be eligible.)

Heihachi - Tekken
Sergei Dragunov - Tekken
Talon - Primal Rage
Alex - Street Fighter
Bang - BlazBlue
Marshal Law - Tekken
Forrest Law - Tekken
Paul - Tekken

TheDiesel said:
Xianghua - Soul Calibur
Uriko the Half Beast - Bloody Roar
Nagi the Spurious - Bloody Roar 2
Cao Cao - Dynasty Warriors
Xaihou Dun - Dynasty Warriors
Lu Bu - Dynasty Warriors
Pai Chan - Virtua Fighter 2
Lau Chan - Virtua Fighter 2

(Remember, Dynasty Warriors was originally a 2D fighting game back in 1997, so I believe they should be eligible.)

Hmm.......

It was.....but...I donno....what do you all think, shall I include them?

No... i'm sorry but they are part of a game where one on one character fighting is NOT part of the game... I say we don't include them and introduce some more worthy challengers...

...unless every one really don't mind

PS: my list coming soon.

HK, you're dead to me. ;)

Eddy Gordo (Tekken) BRAZILLLL!!!!
Blanka (Street Fighter) BRAZILLLL!!!!!

and ummm....are non-Final Fantasy characters from Ehrgeiz allowed?

Well.....yeah they are allowed. go for it guys :).

Update will come either tomorrow night or sometime After thanksgiving, nominations will be counted for sure by Saturday.

good.

Expect the main post to be updated tomorrow, and please guys keep on nominating, there are a slew of you who havent yet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle