The Fighter Character Battle, Redux

Ok...so the team thing didn't pan out the way I wanted, and it is partially due to a lack of interest, time, personal business on my own part.

So you ready to do this again?

Here are the rules (yes, i'm a stickler for the rules, i'm sorry.)

1. You guys will pick the combatants. I want you all to list 8 names from a fighter game, along with what fighter game they will be representing. If the fighters represent 2 different games (Yoshimitsu for example), just pick one game they will represent.

2. Some games that become fighter games will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Dragonball Z, MK vs DC, Super Smash Bros, Mega Man VS, etc. that have licensed characters that are not from an original fighter game will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else. (I know i'm a pain with this rule, but the reason is to give the unknowns a shot over established characters who can sneak in, like Mario, Goku, Spiderman, etc.)

3. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Joker, Batman, etc from MK vs DC, Yoda, The Apprentice and Vader from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters.

4. Characters with nore than one persona may be eligable. For example, Jin Kazama and his persona known as Devil Jin, are eligible to participate as separate characters.

5. The top 16 from last year's fighter battle will receive automatic bids into the tournament, do not nominate them, please. I will put a list of who they are below.

6. No M.U.G.E.N custom characters are allowed to participate in the showdown. It defeats the purpose of a VS Fighter Character Tournament if we include them, as they are mostly in the same realm as Spiderman, Megaman, etc. So please do not nominate M.U.G.E.N characters.

Other than that, you know the drill.

The top 16 from last year

Killik (Winner, Soul Calibur)
Raphael (Runner-up, Soul Calibur)
Voldo (Top 4, Soul Calibur)
Kyo Kusunagi (Top 4, King of Fighters)
Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Sagat (Street Fighter)
Hanzo Hattori (Samurai Showdown)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Astaroth (Soul Calibur)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Christie (Dead or Alive)
Ayane (Dead or Alive)

These fighters have automatic bids this year. For some, it is the third year in a row in the top 16, for others, it is the first time they have made it this far.

Who will join Ryu (Street Fighter), Armor King (Tekken) and Killik (Soul Calibur) as he next fighter character champion? Let's find out.

My nominations are as follows:

Bridget (Guilty Gear)
Shoma (Rival Schools)
John Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Mokujin (Tekken)
Hugo (Street Fighter)
Joe Higashi (King of Fighters)
Slash (Eternal Champions)
Sektor (Mortal Kombat)

These picks can be from any vs fighting game that is described above in the rules, if you would like me to put a list up of what is eligible, I shall do so for you guys. But I think you know what to do.

I'd like to make a permanent, renewing vote for Voldo in every round. He is most definitely the best character ever. I wish I could be drunk enough to think of something like that.

Awesome Links...awesome!

Sub-Zero (MK)
Haggar (Final Fight)
Gon (Tekken)
Law (Tekken)
Axel (Streets of Rage)
Baraka (MK)
Sabrewulf (Killer Instinct)
Vega (Street Fighter)

Kira(MK)
Jimpachi(Tekken)
Devil(Tekken 2)
Prototype Jack(Tekken)
Gun Jack(Tekken)
Blaze(MK)
Night Terror(Soul Calibur)
Rose (Street Fighter)

I will keep this going until we have 64 competitors. We currently have 40. So three more people please post a list (Usually we would of reached 64 by now...

I forgot about this.

Paul Phoenix (tekken)
King (Tekken)
Marshal Law (Tekken) (since MattAY didn't specify which, I got dibs on Marshal)
Eddy (Tekken)
Yoshimitsu (Tekken)
Ken (Street Fighter)
Steve Fox (Tekken)
Sergei Dragunov (Tekken)

I liked how the last battle was going, but yeahh, that thread died long ago.

Jago(Killer Instinct)
Black Orchid(Killer Instinct)
Bryan Fury(Tekken5)
Hwoarang(Tekken5)
Fulgore(Killer Instinct)
Spinal(Killer Instinct)
Raven(Tekken5)
Glacius(Killer Instinct)

Lee Chaolan (Tekken 5)
Johnny (Guilty Gear)
Siegfried Schtauffen (Soul Calibur 3)
Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear)
Olcadan (Soul Calibur 3)
Sophitia (Soul Calibur 3)
Jam Kuradoberi (Soul Calibur 3)
Iori Kagami (King of Fighters)

Kung Lao (MK)
Cable (MK)
Quan Chi (MK)
Dizzy (Guilty Gear)
Bakuryu (Young, Bloody Roar)
Long (Bloody Roar)
Chipp Zanuff (Guilty Gear)
Panda (Tekken)

Kim Kaphwan (KoF)
Maxi (SC)
Slayer (GGXX)
Hitomi (DOA)
Baiken (GGXX)
Duke B. Rambert (Battle Arena Toshinden)
Bad Mr. Frosty (Clay Fighter)
White Gi (Karate Champ)

Ok, lets get this show on the road, despite a triple post.....

Oh, and Rakon, can you show me where "Cable" fits into Mortal Kombat please? As far as I know that's not a character in the game. Thanks.

First matchup

JAGO (Killer Instinct)

jago.jpg

VS

VEGA (Street Fighter)

vega_2.jpg

My vote goes to Jago.

Let the 4th showdown begin!

Shit! I missed registration! I demand my usual list of Samurai Shodown characters be nominated!!!!

Anyway, I vote Vega.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod