Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Survivor series

• The Umbrella Chronicles

• Total voters

PieTunes

Rookie
I have to say; I'm getting very excited about the new Resident Evil game. I was playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii the other day and I started thinking "which is the best Resident Evil game?". I, personally, think that either the remake of the first game, Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil Code Veronica are the best, but I can't decide between the three. What are your favourites?

Does anyone think the next game will be any good? At first I had my reservations but... the more I hear about it the more excited I'm getting. Any Resident Evil with Wesker in it is good in my books. 8)

Resident Evil 4 most definitely. I absolutely hate the old control style and I have yet to play UC though I'm sure I'll still like RE 4 better even after playing it.

Oh, I think this should be in General Gaming.

Outbreak had promise and potential...but it was mired by old controls.

Best one for me is 2 though, and it will always be 2.

I can't decide. They're all phenominal games.

Is it true that RE5 is the end of the line for the Resident Evil series? CV left off with them going after Umbrella...I really thought we'd see more of the t/g virus, more zombies and more Umbrella. I loved 4 don't get me wrong but I do miss the suspense/horror of the original RE and was hoping for a 6th game returning it to it's roots.

I guess I'll just hope for all the loose ends to be tied up in RE5.

Without a doubt Resident Evil 2.
2 discs full of great survival horror gameplay, insane replay value with 2 main characters, beautiful soundtrack and decent voice acting, memorable FMV's and - lickers.

The first one for me, it's the only one that has real "horror" to it. The series has degenerated into action games since then. With the exception of CV.

I'm with boringman. RE4 may be more "action" than "horror" but it's one of the best action games ever. In most of the earlier games the real horror comes from trying to combat the controls to stay alive, and that's lame.

used44 said:
I'm with boringman. RE4 may be more "action" than "horror" but it's one of the best action games ever. In most of the earlier games the real horror comes from trying to combat the controls to stay alive, and that's lame.

You forgot the "horror" of not having enough goddamned ammo. Something I hate. I don't want to fucking run, I want to splatter shit.

Diabolus said:
used44 said:

You forgot the "horror" of not having enough goddamned ammo. Something I hate. I don't want to fucking run, I want to splatter shit.

Shit? Why not zombies? :D

Well for me the best is RE 3. Nemesis really makes your heart jump.

Affen said:
s***? Why not zombies? :D

Well for me the best is RE 3. Nemesis really makes your heart jump.

One of these days, I'm going to have an RE marathon. 0,REmake, 2,3,Code Veronica,4,and 5. God it will be awesome. But of course, I'll never have the time to actually do it in a reasonable time frame. :(

To answer my own question, RE5 is the beginning of the end of the series it looks like - It sounds like there will be two more RE titles after it.

This was taken from a post on IMDB on the RE Degeneration board.

They already confirmed in a old interview that RE5 will mark the beginning of the end for series.

They then said that there would be 2 more games coming out after 5.

Third, the director has expressed interest in putting Chris and Leon in the same game.

Forth, The G-Virus monster might make a return in RE5 because in THIS, Tri-cell recovers a sample of it.
("In THIS" means in RE Degeneration.)

Lethean said:
To answer my own question, RE5 is the beginning of the end of the series it looks like - It sounds like there will be two more RE titles after it.
It could be that the 2 games he was talking about were the RE and RE 0 remakes that are both coming to the Wii.

Boringman54 said:
Lethean said:
It could be that the 2 games he was talking about were the RE and RE 0 remakes that are both coming to the Wii.

Well, they said two games after RE 5 so I'm hoping that's a negative. You could be right however...And RE 5 has been in development for a while so who knows.

One thing I'm really hoping for however is more suspense and horror. While 4 was grea and perhaps my favourite of the RE games as far as *gameplay* is concerned, it was more action oriented. If 5 can have more action than the first, less than the fourth and more suspense and genuinely scary moments than the 4th, it will be the best RE title yet.

He said RE5 was beginning of the end, not the end of the end. So there's got to be more after it...and remakes don't count.

used44 said:

Yeah I agree with all this.

Personally I could never get around the old logical control scheme of previous RE games as much as I tried. I just didn't like the games. RE4 on the other hand....well that could very well of been the best game of the last generation.

REbirth. The first was always a favourite of mine, but to see it remade with a huge load of extra content that actually made it even better was just pure fantasy for me. I still play it, although not as religiously as I used to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo