Solar Eclipse Anyone?

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
Continuing off this week's Tell GR, we want to hear about what you did for this week's solar eclipse. Did you see it? If so, from which state?

I used a few custom eclipse boxes to check out the eclipse along with some neighbors. We got around 93% coverage in my town near Seattle, Washington.

I saw totality in Oregon today. It was absolutely incredible, during the couple minutes of darkness I couldn't really do anything other than stare at the sky and smile.

We saw 98% here in Omaha. The kids watched it at school too. It was down to a sliver hat rolled from left to top to right. Not fully dark but pretty close. It was fun to see my whole building clear for it. Made me laugh at the guys who were too cool to go out and watch.

I was just outside the totality in Oregon, would have needed to drive a number of miles south for it and I wasn't going to risk the traffic. I was content with my 99.7%. The darkness was a bit eerie as it lacked the usual twilight colors, making it look like the sun was shining through a thick haze or something. Really cool to see though.

We were only at 80% here, so I skipped it.

That said, I have one of those Samsung VR headsets that's normally mediocre, but I could watch totality happen in Wyoming. So that was cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod