So...

^^That may be true to those who lived in the 80s. But how about the newer generation? They might think games before the PS1/N64/Saturn are retro or vintage.

freakystyley said:
^^That may be true to those who lived in the 80s. But how about the newer generation? They might think games before the PS1/N64/Saturn are retro or vintage.

And they would be wrong. Simple as that.

I just wanted to hear what everyone believed makes a classic system or game.

I was honestly wondering if a sort of criteria could have made up to stop people like the Halo fanboys from saying the newest Halo is a classic a week after launch, or the GTA fanboys from saying GTA4 is already a classic.

Thankfully Stalfros has spoken and now we know what makes a classic game :D

Just another thought, I would have to say a classic game was unexpected. I mean everyone knows that games from popular franchises like Civ or Total War or even Zelda will sell well and continue to be played many years after they first came out, it is almost a given.

What I mean from an unexpected game is perhaps something that a small independent developer brought out or a game that really didnt have much marketing as the marketing people didnt think it would do too well.

StalfrosCC said:
freakystyley said:

I see. Guess the opinions of the young'n don't matter eh 8) .

StalfrosCC said:
freakystyley said:

Amen.

Longo_2_guns said:
The way I see it is kind of like DoubleJ, when the game strongly impacts us but leaves our minds it becomes classic. Thats why I don't believe games like Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7, and even Super Mario Bros are classic, because people keep bludgening us with them and we cannot forget them only to remember them again.
I disagree. The best classics never leave your mind and always pop up in references between your friends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod