So I made a thing.

TheJx4

Rookie
I would love some feedback. I came up with everything as I typed, despite my original intention being to post an idea I had for quite some time now.

Legend of the Phour - Gamesprout
I know nobody really uses Gamesprout but this was the easiest way for me to organize my thoughts.

It sounds like Destiny with Borderlands graphics and Dante as the protagonist ;)...oh, and with the ability to fly.

Which in all honesty sounds fucking awesome, but perhaps a little too much in the cooking pot? Maybe narrow it down to a particular genre?

Also what's the story like?! I'd rather hear more about that than anything else personally. "Legend of the Phour" sounds like there's a lot of plot planned.

Cool to get your ideas out there though. And it does sounds like a lot of fun...I'm a sucker for cel-shaded too!

MattAY said:
It sounds like Destiny with Borderlands graphics and Dante as the protagonist ;)...oh, and with the ability to fly.

Which in all honesty sounds fucking awesome, but perhaps a little too much in the cooking pot? Maybe narrow it down to a particular genre?

Also what's the story like?! I'd rather hear more about that than anything else personally. "Legend of the Phour" sounds like there's a lot of plot planned.

Cool to get your ideas out there though. And it does sounds like a lot of fun...I'm a sucker for cel-shaded too!

Which totally makes sense as I envisioned seeing games like Destiny and Borderlands when I was 8. It's like my love of Defiance. I don't really care how it fails in some departments...it's one of my dream games. Destiny may or may not fulfill my true desire though. It's definitely a lot more polished than Defiance.

But it is what I described it as, a 2D action/adventure RPG. Basically imagine Devil May Cry in 2D with 4 players. I'll be updating and clarifying a ton of details over the next week or so. My mind works in a weird way, as I think of all of the advanced stuff first, which is the reason my Combat/Movement design doc is more in-depth than it should be, lol. If development ever does kick off, I plan to handle everything in small bites while simultaneously planning ahead and making sure everything will work with what has yet to be implemented. The next few Design Docs will pertain to the "Basics", a synopsis of the story (with some of the details being located here), and how my "New Game+" puts a new twist on things. All of this is as new to me, as it is to you, haha. The story is what I'm looking forward to crafting the most.

Oh wow, sounds like you're certainly thinking of the gameplay ahead of the story. Sounds pretty cool there Jx. I await more of the plot too :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod