Shadow of the Colossus

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Josh_Orona, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Josh_Orona

Josh_Orona Community Manager

The reveal of "Shadow of the colossus" at E3 came as a suprise to me and im sure many others, and would love to hear the communities thoughts and reaction.
    Mine was of pure joy and excitement, I was lucky enough to play SoC back on the ps2 with just one complaint...the fps. The ps2 not being up to snuff for such a beautiful game and dipping at times during the action. To finally get a remake of such a great game on a platform that can handle it fills me with happiness.

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Former Executive Editor

At first I thought this was another HD port. I can't believe they're remaking it.

I might just have to pick this up day one.

Josh_Orona likes this.
  3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never actually played Shadow of the Colossus, now I'm glad that I've never played it, as I'd love to play this PS4 remake.

4. Midgard

Midgard Rookie

They said that it is a remake and not a remaster, but we still do not know how much the content that would be added and the creator of the game itself is already leaving Sony.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I love this news. Like Craig, I've never played the game (although seen it been played a few times so I may as well have).
    I would love to play this remake and experience the game for myself.

6. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Knowing it's a remake makes me concern. I was under the impression this was another remastered port, which didn't get my hype going. I didn't get to play on SotC on PS2. Anthony Severino gave me his review copy of Ico/SotC HD Collection when I switched from Xbox 360 to PS3. After playing the two, I was a fan. Knowing now it's a remake, quite curious how much will be different. Saw in the announcement trailer same colossi

7. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I have my doubts that this (or the ffvii remake) ever comes out.

8. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Yeah, that was weird we've didn't get any updates on FF7. Not that I care. I haven't played any FF games. However, I do feel this will SotC remake will release on 2018/2019. Bluepoint are the same devs for remastering Ico and SotC