Shadow of the Colossus Remake | OT | There Will Be Blood

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Paul Tamburro, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor
    Staff Member

Shadow-of-the-colossus-ps4.jpg

Developer: Bluepoint Games
    Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
    Director: Fumito Ueda

Description
    Armed with only your wits, a magical sword and a bow, venture out into expansive landscapes on the back of your trusty steed and seek out each Colossus. But be warned – while each giant has a specific weakness, finding and exploiting it will be far from simple.

GameRevolution Features
    Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Remake Review – Faithful, Fantastic, and Fully-Realized
    Shadow of the Colossus Walkthrough and Guide: Tips and Strategies for Every Fight

GR's Opinion
    "After spending the past 5 days desperately trying to bleach the Colossus blood from our hands, we can safely say this is an excellent remake and is perfect for those who want to experience crippling guilt and remorse in 4K HDR."

2. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

Didn't care for Ico or Shadow of the Colossus and found little enjoyment in watching my wife play through The Last Guardian. Going to pass on this one, though reading that the controls have improved on SotC does have me curious. I may end up getting it for my wife down the line when it goes on sale, though.

3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll be getting this game down the line. Not played the original, and have only seen it via speedruns, playthroughs etc. Would be good to experience it firsthand!

4. jivesc00ter

jivesc00ter Regular

I didnt care for ICO or TLG, but I loved Shadow, I highly recommend you give it a go, though the worlds are similar, I cant say they are alike in any other way

5. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

Do you mean that I should give the new one a go in general? I've played the old one and seen it through start-to-finish. I'm sure my wife will love the new one, but I just can't imagine myself getting any real enjoyment out of it, even with the adjustment to controls.

6. jivesc00ter

jivesc00ter Regular

Ahhhhh I thought you were implying you hadnt played it, if you werent a huge fan then, you probably wont be now, at least you gave it a go!

NegFactor likes this.
  7. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

Yeah, definitely played it. I got a ways in (I think I went through five monsters or so?) but just wasn't feeling it. I did end up watching an entire run via a friend at one point -- I had some seriously bad flu action going on and he came over and played through the entire game while I just laid in bed, watching the whole time (I probably slept a little here and there, but I caught most of it).

8. Jason Faulkner

Jason Faulkner Lead Editor
    Staff Member

I wasn't a huge fan of SotC on PS2, but the PS4 version really sucked me in. It's amazing how much the game improved with just a little tweaking of the controls and a steadier framerate. It's a lot less frustrating to play now.

9. The_bad_who

The_bad_who Novice

The original really moved something inside me when I played it back then. It really opened my eyes on how storytelling could be conveyed by emotions and atmosphere instead of long explanations and cutscenes. I played it again on the PS3 remake, but the controls really had me regret not leaving it in my memories! I might try the PS4 remake since it's supposed to be better. And those graphics...just wow!

Paul Tamburro likes this.
  10. Sammo

Sammo Regular

I want to experience this game but idk if I can bring myself to murder those cool big lumbering friends :(