Pokemon GO

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Now, I'm not the biggest Pokemon fan, but I started playing this and I gotta say it's pretty addicting. I've got a bunch of powerful monsters already, and it's given me and the lady an excuse to talk walks in the evening. We even met a bunch of neighbors who were doing it also.

So far Red has dominated the area around me.

Anyone else playing it? Anyone else on superior team Red?

Don't know what team my sister is on but she found a bulbasaur in the middle of our living room.

I don't have anything to play it on.

pkgo_zpsnqexuujj.jpg

I've played a little bit of it, but so far all I have is a Charmander and a Squirtle.

That's a good idea though, Longo. I might see if my partner is up for a walk in the evening for some Pokemon GO. :)

We basically spent the whole weekend doing it, and walked about 15 miles. Which is good, considering that's 14.9 miles more than we would've walked without it.

It's surprisingly fun. We went by a park (where there are more rare pokemon) and probably 2/3rds of the people there (probably around 80+ people) were playing it also.

Not in UK! And apparently wont be for a while - I would like to try it out though.

I did read a news story that a girl found a dead body near a river whilst looking for a pokemon!

MattAY said:
I did read a news story that a girl found a dead body near a river whilst looking for a pokemon!
There's been people using the app to find and mug people, and there was an Uber driver streaming it who witnessed a murder. Then, a bunch of trolls watching his stream submitted multiple fabricated complaints about him to Uber and got him fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efxm8IOd0xg

I've been trying to use it with my son, but it has kinda been a little iffy. Trying to set up an account was a headache since there were a bunch of server issues, and now that we got it up and running, there have been instances where that game will start but when you walk, your character doesn't move on the map and we have to keep restarting it.

Going to try it again in a couple of days and see if it works better.

Spent the whole weekend out with friends and co-workers playing this. It's so damn frustrating because the servers ALWAYS lag and I believe I've restarted the app about 500 times. There's so many bugs and problems that it's only fun to play at night. Still, I'm level 12 and have dozens of Pokemon.

I wish I could play it on my phone, sadly it is not compatible.

Hasn't stopped me from seeing it everywhere though. Kids, adults, teenagers...big groups, little groups...it's kind of insane really, especially in NYC.

Tried it again this weekend, took the kids out and let them find stuff while I made sure they didn't wander into traffic. They found a pikachu and nearly lost their shit so it was a good day. Game seemed more stable this time around, looking forward to using it more.

I haven't been on this forum in years and the game that brought me back was Pokemon GO. It is so addicting and has so much potential to only get better. The amount possibilities this game has from a community and business stand point are insane. Anyways, I love it and I chose team mystic.

Man all you team mystic people. Team valor is where it's at!

I'm playing it but only somewhat casually. When I'm in the passenger seat and we're driving somewhere or when I'm out somewhere but I haven't gone out of my way to go looking for any Pokemon and if one shows up, I try to find it while walking my already planned path.

Team Valor, here.

I haven't been playing Pokemon GO much lately. I find I'm playing other video games instead and I'm finding it difficult to make the time to play Pokemon GO. I think I'm a bit discouraged, because all the players who are super into it are at a very high, supreme CP level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod