Parasite Eve needs a remake

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by wildmario, Feb 11, 2018.

1. wildmario

wildmario Novice

Square, make it happen! My days spent playing around in NY in an RPG setting was pretty unique at the time. Would love for that kind of setting to come back.

2. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

I wouldn't mind a remake of the first one. The second one wasn't quite to my tastes and I barely played The 3rd Birthday because I really wasn't feeling it. I'd love to see PE1 again or a return to that format-ish, though.

3. used44

used44 Forum Moderator

Is the original worth playing for someone who knows nothing of it? It's one of the few PSOne Classics I don't have on my Vita.

4. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

The controls are really clunky by today's standards but if you're familiar with survival horror controls, the game will probably feel pretty normal. The combat mechanics were great and the weapon customization was awesome. The Chrysler Building will haunt your nightmares.

5. wildmario

wildmario Novice

It's very easy to get into. The story is pretty simple but there are a few twists here and there that can grab at you. A fun fact: the graphics used in this game was a testbed for the graphics that would be used in Final Fantasy VIII.

6. used44

used44 Forum Moderator

I'll have to check it out. I had no idea it had RPG combat with the ATB system. I was always under the impression it played more like Silent Hill.

7. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

You basically pull up this area-effect system and choose what you want to target, then attack it accordingly. It's kinda ATB in that you have to wait a bit before you can pull up that sphere of influence again to make your target decisions. If you've ever played Vagrant Story, the targeting feels a bit like that...I think...it has been probably over a decade since I last played it.

8. wildmario

wildmario Novice

The game also lets you move to avoid attacks while you wait for your turn to come up.

NegFactor likes this.