Original Final Fantasy's

justin_es

Rookie
Ok pretty much i love Final Fantasy.
I would like any information on how to get the originals.
i still have 7 through to current which isnt what im after

i would love to find the first one through to 6

anyone please help

:) cheers.

nice i noticed they had FF7 on there (or was that PS3 or Xbox cant remember now)
anyway if they have the first one on there now i might jump on and get it.

Cheers.

my brother has all of the FF games im pretty sure. i believe its called Final Fantasy anthology. i could be wrong though. but id just try looking it up on google. it may not be the first but its the first 3 or 4 or something along those lines

If you have a PS1 set up, then
Final Fantasy Origins is FF1 and FF2,
Chronicles has FF4 (plus Chrono Cross) and
Anthology is FF5 and FF6.

And I think the first 3 or something like that are in WiiWare. At least there's the sequel for FFIV which came out pretty recently.

Speaking of which...I'm STILL waiting for PSN to release FFVIII and FFIX. They've had FFVII out for a while now, so what's stopping them from putting what I feel are the two best FF's out

...the fact that Cloud brings the cash. For some reason VII is the epitome of the franchise. I don't get it.

Did I ever tell you that I rented VII long ago and hated it? Then several years later, I discovered it was everyone's favorite, and I felt proud of myself.

FF7 was so popular because it introduced the Final Fantasy franchise to a whole new group of players, it got players like myself who had never played a RPG before sucked right in. It had great characters, story, graphics/cenematics and gameplay for its time.

For ME, it made me backtrack and try out FF3 and Crono Trigger/Cross.

FF8 and 10 were also good, if not better obviously.. but FF7 resparked the Final Fantasy name in North America. I thought FF9 was an OK game, and the cenematics were top notch.. but I didn't see the point in changing the graphical style when 7 and 8 were what everyone wanted.

One of the biggest complaints I ever heard about FF7 was the ol' block hands lol.

What did everyone think of FF12? I thought it was a good change of combat style, gave it the old MMO edge too it. But the 'skill tree' could have used a little more ablilities.

I liked that anybody can do anything on the board, but that the smart way was to maximize their potential. Loads better than the awful skill tree from 10 in my opinion.

Final Fantasy Origins for PS is FF1 and FF2(funny enough, I just bought it the other day)

Final Fantasy Anthology (also for PS) is FF5 and FF6

FF4 has been re-released for DS, it's also on Anthology

My favourite is FF7, simply because of the story. The gameplay is really good, but I hate the timer system. Glad they got rid of it for FFX (which is No. 2 for me). I found FFXII to have too much grinding in comparison to the other ones I've played. And I agree with you Bretimus, the board in FFXII was better than the tree in FFX.

FFVII was popular because it was on PlayStation. So everyone who hated it on SNES or NES could now turn about face and praise it on the PS.
Also because it skipped from III to VII in the US. that really tripped people out. i knew tons of folk who didn't know jack crap about the other FF games who were totally hooked by VII. I'm still not sure if they know that III was actually VI. Maybe that's what interested them in the first place.
sick of having to import the newest dragonball episodes in order to keep pace with japan, this was a nice change. It was pretty big news for american gamers actually. It had more to do with the console than the developers' wishes, but still, America was finally catching up to Japan!

yeah we ate that crap up

justin_es said:
nice i noticed they had FF7 on there (or was that PS3 or Xbox cant remember now)
anyway if they have the first one on there now i might jump on and get it.

Cheers.

VII and VIII are both on the PS3 PlayStation originals section of their online store. You can also transfer the purchase to a PSP.
If you have a DS and want a great port or IV they have one, the graphics are touched up to be more like PS1 graphics (which for a handheld is pretty damn good). I'm sure if you check eBay you'll find people looking to sell their old PS1 copies

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod