Old Skool GR

Rainemaida said:
I saw old GR in general. This sounds sappy, but Gr has changed my life like slickben. It's brought me into an entirely differnet mindset. It's made me smarter, cooler, and a better taste in music. Ive had unforgettable memories, and met unforgettable people. I love you guys.

That about sums it up, i don't think i can elaborate on that.

Icepick said:
by far, and I think Dave_Matthews will agree, is when Kurt Cobain posted this little gem that we still tease him about, and try to comprehend today]

"they was deciding if I was identicle everywhere, we were naked, we froze to death"

what was he talking about?

Ok fucker. Ive explained it before.

Someone asked "What happened to the clones after MGS 1?"

and I said "they was deciding if I was identicle everywhere, They were naked, They froze to death"

Let's anaylze this damn statement and clear it up once and for all.

["they was deciding if I was identicle everywhere"]

Clones are identicle, correct? Well they were seeing if it was true or not, so they stripped naked.

["They were naked"]

They got naked to test their damn theory.

["They froze to death"]

The extreme cold plus the lack of warmth on their body cause them to die cause they froze to death.

You even quoted me wrong you fucker :p. Now I suspect this topic to be dropped FINALLY after 4 damn years.

<3 ya Frank.

My fav memories are the old RWA comics, the late night GR chats we started up (and sometimes truth or dare games), and the friends Ive made.

GR has made me independent, changed my outlook and perspective on life, helped me quit pills, and found me a few friends that will always be there for me. Can't ask for much more.

cuddle-wuddles? you really lost your edge man, I remember we'd span pages of just flipping out on each other, with some massive asterik count in there

Icepick said:
cuddle-wuddles? you really lost your edge man, I remember we'd span pages of just flipping out on each other, with some massive asterik count in there

Yeah, new profanity filter. I think if you try to say nig*** it comes out a minority friend of mine, let me try. Nigger

Gr has taught me two things, for better or worse:

1: Cynicism is seen as the highest form of wit on the internet.

2: Music is never, ever just a matter of opinion.

:)

Old GR - Prince of Persia: The sands of time.

New GR- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I shouldn't need to explain this.

I loved the ranking system in old Gr and the feel of it was good.Gr has so many great posters and its the sole reason I love GR.
From Shane reaching 800 posts in 14 days and then gettin banned yet again to BBk gettin banned for hackin TNO's account Gr has had a lot of memorable times.
I loved the silly posts as well as the great intellectual posts like can we travel at the speed of light.
No matter how much u change I'll always be here GR

Libertine said:
Old GR - Prince of Persia: The sands of time.

New GR- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I shouldn't need to explain this.

Ah, so what you're saying is the old GR was a rather good messageboard remake which was spolied by a rather lame combat system whereas the new GR retains all that was great about the original but adds a better combat system, a new and exciting look and Monica Bellucci. Yup, these new boards are great aren't they mate! :wink:

Anyways, most of my fondest memories of the old Gamepost mostly occur in that weird period between October and December 2002. This was the time I feel I had the best connection with this message board and it's posters. I can't really pinpoint any precise moments as such which stood out as great(aside from yours truly winning the Best New Poster Of 2002 Award, all I will say about that is, I'm still flattered guys but Teacher was robbed! ;)), it was just a great time to be young and registered to Gamepost. Of course, there was as much bullshit on the boards as there always has been, it certainly wasn't a Golden Age but it was a lot of fun! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle