Oculus Rift + Touch bundle $399

Discussion in 'PC' started by drathbone, Jul 10, 2017.

1. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Josh_Orona and Jonathan_Leack like this.
  2. Brittany Vincent

I wish I had waited. I got mine right before Touch came out. Really wish I hadn't spent the extra cash. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  3. drathbone

drathbone Regular

I suspect this may be an attempt to move a bunch of units and in a few months they'll announce a new version and cut the price of the current one.

4. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Just an update, Best Buy has the deal as well, but comes with a digital code for Eve: Valkyrie. So I canceled my order on Amazon and went with BBY. 2 day shipping as well because order is over $35. Not bad

5. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Former Executive Editor

This is a wicked good deal. At this point Oculus has some outstanding software, so I can recommend it.

6. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I have zero desire for anything VR related, just seems like a gimmick to me.

7. Josh_Orona

Josh_Orona Community Manager

I've always had a temptation to pick but cost has always been a con. With the price drop the desire to buy was really has increased haha.

8. Jonathan_Leack

Amazon is selling it for $399 and including a $100 Amazon gift card. CRAZY.

Josh_Orona likes this.
  9. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Have you ever tried it? I just ask because I felt it would just be a gimmick as well until I actually played a few things in VR. It's pretty amazing and if it continues to succeed I feel there are going to be a lot of wonderful developments made with VR over the next years.

I'm not saying you should rush out and buy anything, as a lot is going to depend on how supported VR devices remain and the games made for them. Sadly it's a bit of a catch-22, requiring people to invest in devices and games to show the interest is there for developers to keep making content for them, at the same time having a lack of really good software which would entice people into buying it.

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Leack

It's not a gimmick.

11. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Have you tried it? Most people with that outlook tend to have never had a consumer grade VR experience. This is not the same as cardboard, samsung gear vr etc and far superior to even dk1 and dk2 rift experiences, especially with some of the newer games/applications being built specifically for VR rather than just a bunch of tech demos or shaky ports, which is what most of the stuff was prior to vive/rift retail release in 2016

12. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

I played super hot VR last night. It is an amazing experience, even if it reminded me of how out of shape I was. I could only play for 30 minutes because my feet and legs started to ache. You would think a game where you are supposed to move as little as possible wouldn't be that much of a workout, but you are forced to hold weird positions that work out your core muscles very well. It is kinda like tai-chi.

Josh_Orona likes this.