Monster Hunter World | OT | Jurassic Lark

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Paul Tamburro, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Developer: Capcom
    Publisher: Capcom
    Director: Yuya Tokuda

Description
    In Monster Hunter World, the latest installment in the series, you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal to hunt monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.

GameRevolution Features
    Monster Hunter World’s Bizarre Co-op Multiplayer Spoils the Fun
    Monster Hunter World Multiplayer Guide: How to Join a Party, Play with Friends, and More

GR's Opinion
    "We wish we could give you one, but Capcom gave us the code late and we've been stuck in this Anjanath's mouth since Sunday. Send help."

Relevant YouTubers/Streamers
    Gaijin Hunter
    Arekkz Gaming

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Jason Faulkner likes this.
  2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Veteran

I got Monster Hunter: World for PS4 at launch, bought it on a whim because a bunch of my friends were excited for it and suggested I should try it.

I didn't really like it at first, particularly with the BETA demo, but it's grown on me and I really enjoy it. Primarily using dual blades. I was a bit clueless at first but I've gotten a lot better with the weapons, so it feels fast and fun now.

It's a beautiful game but in regards to the story, I have zero interest. I'm just in it for the multiplayer and I'm pretty sure everyone else is too. My biggest gripe about the game is the lock on targeting system, it's bad.

Jason Faulkner and Paul Tamburro like this.
  3. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor
    Staff Member

The lock-on system actually works a lot better when you get better at reminding yourself that you aren't actually locking your attacks onto the enemy, and you're instead locking camera. But yeah, the combat feels quite unintuitive, especially if you're a newcomer. I only played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS for a little bit so I've had to really train myself to get used to the combat, especially coming off the back of recently playing NieR Automata.

Jason Faulkner likes this.
  4. Jason Faulkner

Jason Faulkner Lead Editor
    Staff Member

This is the first Monster Hunter I've really gotten into. When I started I had a hard time getting into it until I found the first weapon that felt right to me. I think one of the most interesting things about this game is that the weapons handling is so varied that there's no all-powerful item to use. For some players the Gunlance might be their favorite weapon and they can clean house with it, whereas I am absolute garbage with it.

I also love how intense the hunts get. It feels so much more personal when you're tracking and fighting a beast for 30 or 40 minutes before you can claim victory. It's also a real measure of progress when you go back to hunt a monster that gave you hell the first go around and demolish it in five minutes or less.

I actually hadn't thought of the camera like that. That makes it a little less frustrating.

5. Mack Ashworth

Mack Ashworth Rookie

I have it downloaded... Just need time! This weekend, for sure!

6. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Veteran

So I’m interested in this, but not sure if I should get it for the PS4, Xbox One, or just wait for the PC release

7. Jason Faulkner

Jason Faulkner Lead Editor
    Staff Member

The review is up!

Monster Hunter World gets a...... 4.5/5!

If you have an OG Xbox One or PS4, PS4 would be the preferred version. Between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, I'd get it for the One X. You might as well go ahead and get it because who knows if the PC port is going to be any good or not.

Paul Tamburro likes this.
  8. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

I liked the game, but it's so grindy that after reaching high-tier, I've found myself just helping other people get through the low-tier instead of bothering to work on stuff in the current section of the game.