Mass Effect 3 |OT|

Kijan said:
DO NOT SKIP 2!

The story maybe doesn't go anywhere but it has one of the best characters in gaming history!

You cannot deny the awesomeness that is Mordin f****** Solus! :D

He is the very model of a scientist salarian

Free dlc this tuesday they will release a few new classes, two maps, and a couple of weapons. It's free. Enjoy.

yup I'll be on tonight at around 6pm. Something came up again. <.<
Instead of playing Multi the weekend I decided to finally end it and the ending wasn't as bad just needed to explain more.

Just finished it. Happy with my ending, mostly because there's even a chance my femshep could have survived and been reunited with Liara. Probably my favorite game of the three. The ending wasn't bad, not good either (because I know there's all this DLC bull shit down the line).

Annnndddd... that's it. I'm glad I didn't let all the whining bull shit affect my opinion of the ending or the game... or I should say I'm glad it didn't (I couldn't have controlled that). I think part of the "outrage" or "disapointment" or whatever you want to call it is that this is the conclusion to something people grew to love. It doesn't matter what it is, if the world is engrossing, entertaining, and personal to you, you WILL be upset that it's over. NO MATTER WHAT. You will. There's no such thing as a "satisfying" ending when it comes to stuff like this. So yes, I'm sad to see Shepard and Liara and all of those characters go. I'm really sad, but that doesn't mean it was a "bad" ending or that everyone who had a hand in making this game should die in a fire.

Instead, I just have to close the back cover of the book, set it on the shelf, and revisit it later (like I know I will).

Mass Effect, as a series, is one of (if not) the most ambitious pieces of media in our life time. It created something I don't think video games have ever done in the extensive, exhaustive narrative throughout three games. I couldn't be happier having owned the experience myself with my choices, something a book has never done (choose your own adventure novels NEVER did anything like this).

Can't wait to see what the future has for this IP. I'd welcome new stories, more characters, different types of games, and I'm so close to adding all of the Mass Effect books to my Amazon shopping cart right now.

Well done Dan, you made a good and valid point. Before I got it I was sort of sad it was the last of a great trilogy.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
NickKmet said:
Does anybody else besides me play on PC?

Brofist.

I got it on the PC too, but haven't played in a couple weeks because the ending was such a fucking clown show.

And no, I didn't not like the ending because it was the end of some epic adventure, nor did I really have much attachment to the series other than ME1 (2 sucked, and while 3 was a lot better than 2 wasn't on the same level as 1)...I didn't like it because it was poorly written

Green_Lantern said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
NickKmet said:

Brofist.

I got it on the PC too, but haven't played in a couple weeks because the ending was such a f****** clown show.

And no, I didn't not like the ending because it was the end of some epic adventure, nor did I really have much attachment to the series other than ME1 (2 sucked, and while 3 was a lot better than 2 wasn't on the same level as 1)...I didn't like it because it was poorly written

I still haven't finished the single player. I'm just looking for people to multiplayer with. PUGs are a bitch.

danielrbischoff said:
Just finished it. Happy with my ending, mostly because there's even a chance my femshep could have survived and been reunited with Liara. Probably my favorite game of the three. The ending wasn't bad, not good either (because I know there's all this DLC bull s*** down the line).

Annnndddd... that's it. I'm glad I didn't let all the whining bull s*** affect my opinion of the ending or the game... or I should say I'm glad it didn't (I couldn't have controlled that). I think part of the "outrage" or "disapointment" or whatever you want to call it is that this is the conclusion to something people grew to love. It doesn't matter what it is, if the world is engrossing, entertaining, and personal to you, you WILL be upset that it's over. NO MATTER WHAT. You will. There's no such thing as a "satisfying" ending when it comes to stuff like this. So yes, I'm sad to see Shepard and Liara and all of those characters go. I'm really sad, but that doesn't mean it was a "bad" ending or that everyone who had a hand in making this game should die in a fire.

Instead, I just have to close the back cover of the book, set it on the shelf, and revisit it later (like I know I will).

Mass Effect, as a series, is one of (if not) the most ambitious pieces of media in our life time. It created something I don't think video games have ever done in the extensive, exhaustive narrative throughout three games. I couldn't be happier having owned the experience myself with my choices, something a book has never done (choose your own adventure novels NEVER did anything like this).

Can't wait to see what the future has for this IP. I'd welcome new stories, more characters, different types of games, and I'm so close to adding all of the Mass Effect books to my Amazon shopping cart right now.

While I disagree with you about the ending (it doesn't make sense unless you make huge leaps of faith and feels far too convoluted and a little like they did Shepard a disservice) I don't think the writers should die in a fire ether. I just hope that the summer's DLC addition makes sense of the threads of plot we were given and does justice to the amazing start and middle. The ending may not have been terrible - the Reapers didn't turn into chocolate bunnies - but it was lackluster compared to the rest of the sprawling story.

On another note, the Mass Effect IP is phenomenally in depth. Probably not as much as Star Wars but not far off and it hasn't had 30 years to evolve. Get the books, even Deception (which is not good, I'm not going to lie, but the completionist in me says you need it) but also get the graphic novels. There are a couple of minis you may not be able to get separately because they came out with collectors editions but there are a couple of full sized ones already out and one coming soon which give you a fuller picture of the story. I think you can even get the novels on Kindle.

Green_Lantern said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
NickKmet said:

Brofist.

I got it on the PC too, but haven't played in a couple weeks because the ending was such a f****** clown show.

In a way it's like star wars, the original trilogy. If people complain it's the end the're just gonna make shitty prequels.

Finished it recently as well . Pretty much what Dan said . But ill add that me in general changed my viewpoints on many things ingame that most series fail to do. I wish a lot of gaming or even other media outlets take example on this and strive for the emotion you get from this series .
Yeah I'm not the most excellent wordsmith here

Two premium spectre packs later and I still don't have any of the new characters.

I did unlock the explosive krogan assault rifle... and an upgrade for a gun I already have :-/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod