Mass Effect 2

I'm hoping much of the leaked script is false, but it honestly doesn't look like it. And there's been some stuff that's been completely confirmed by recent announcements. Like (SPOILERS SORTA. This was partly an official announcement.) EDI gets a robot body. She uses it to go on a date with Joker.
So... yeah.

so im playing Mass Effect 1 right now...and despite the fact that it aged in a not so good way, I just noticed something.

The "Suicide Mission" music in Mass Effect 2 is all over Mass Effect 1, in the main theme, in the Citadel, in the end music...Jack Wall is a genius doing that!

Just finished it for the first time....

Mass Effect 1 is a much better overall game IMO...The only thing that I think 2 is better at is the fact that your crew members are much more interesting in 2 than 1. The story wasn't that special, and apart from the "suicide mission" was kind of boring.

I liked how in the second one there was no long ass elevator rides, they kept the mako out, and they threw in weapon clips instead of your guns over heating.

I always thought that the music in 1 had a more immersive feel. Like the old 80's flicks that pulled you in and made you feel what was going on. plus to me it was harder.

2 was shooter with rpg elements. We can call it that. Doesn't take away from the game. Just sets it in a subgenre aside from the first. In my first playthrough on ME2 I played on hard, never died, and lost no one on the "suicide mission". Never really had to make tough decisions that held any real consequences.

If they turn this franchise in to another Matrix-esque debacle I will be very perturbed... I may even write a very strongly worded letter to myself...

kingg5 said:
I liked how in the second one there was no long ass elevator rides, they kept the mako out, and they threw in weapon clips instead of your guns over heating.

If you were smart enough in the first with your upgrades... You could make an assault rifle that never overheat and a sniper that took down groups of krogan in one shot... I never used the shotgun that much but I did take out that one armature on Feros with it in one shot. And good ole sidearm could tear through a room of husks without hiccuping...

Fucking heat clips ruined the weapons... Kind of took a dump on the whole rail gun tech bs they fed you in the codex...

And this was just fun for me... but i suppose i'm wierd...
images.jpg

spartan317 said:
I always thought that the music in 1 had a more immersive feel. Like the old 80's flicks that pulled you in and made you feel what was going on. plus to me it was harder.

2 was shooter with rpg elements. We can call it that. Doesn't take away from the game. Just sets it in a subgenre aside from the first. In my first playthrough on ME2 I played on hard, never died, and lost no one on the "suicide mission". Never really had to make tough decisions that held any real consequences.

If they turn this franchise in to another Matrix-esque debacle I will be very perturbed... I may even write a very strongly worded letter to myself...

I'm sick of the "shooter with RPG elements" argument.

Because last I checked, no shooter actually has depth, pathos, and customization like Mass Effect 2, along with the conversation/dialogue system that actually shapes the nature of the game overall.

spartan317 said:
kingg5 said:

If you were smart enough in the first with your upgrades... You could make an assault rifle that never overheat and a sniper that took down groups of krogan in one shot... I never used the shotgun that much but I did take out that one armature on Feros with it in one shot. And good ole sidearm could tear through a room of husks without hiccuping...

f****** heat clips ruined the weapons... Kind of took a dump on the whole rail gun tech bs they fed you in the codex...

And this was just fun for me... but i suppose i'm wierd...
images.jpg
I knew about the upgrades, which was cool being able to put what you want on your gun but it never really showed it. Kinda dumb how you only ever got a hold of two or three guns in the second one. Major turn off was the cross hairs on 1 though.

I'm looking forward to ME3.

I'm not expecting to be the next comming of Jesus because I'd probably only be dissapointed after. What I am expecting is a fun game that will bring closure to my M.E. universe.

Though I've read that we should not delete our ME3 saves after we've done playing. I guess they are hinting on a possible sequel with someone other than Shepard being the protagonist?

Makes sense really... the M.E. universe is really big. It gives you a lot of room and lore to make interesting games based on it. :)

danielrbischoff said:
Kijan! Haven't seen you in a while!

In regards to possible sequels to ME3, I'm hoping someone like Thane gets a story all his own.

Hej Dan. :D

I've been in study mode for a while... which means I lived like under a rock with books being my bed, pillow and blanket. :)

Thane would be interesting.

If I had to choose I'd like to see a game based of Wrex as he tries to unite the remaining Krogan clans... or playing a GTA style game set in the M.E. world with Garrus being the main protagonist and Omega being the main location.

Wow. You really don't need to think much to get game concepts out of the M.E. universe. :D

I just finished the Arrival add-on. It's awesome! With a little tweaking, THAT'S how the game should have ended.

Speaking of the ending, I'm about to start the final mission on this playthrough. Excited to relive it.

What's Arrival priced at now? It's the only DLC I don't have (aside from the opening comic book thing).

I just finished mass effect 1 femshep renegade so I'm about to start Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC finally. Kasumi here we go!

I got it during a sale recently. Did the same as you, Dan; played through it with all the DLC finally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod