Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia (in a traditional sense, no trick or treating as kids and stuff) but people do like to host Halloween parties.

When other countries try to talk about how great they are, it comforts me to know that they don't have Halloween.

In my experience, October generally sucks balls and is punctuated by Halloween being the worst, then November rolls around and cleans up after it until Thanksgiving happens, which usually ends in disappointment and self loathing until Black Friday where at least the thought of wondrous deals to be found online from the safety of home is enough to brighten me up a little. So all-in-all, November is my favorite month of the year because I have a solid idea of what to expect from it, and most of it's good.

What are we talking about...pictures? Cool costume, Craig. You look like you're about to hit warp speed.

StudioTan said:
I thought the disappointment and self-loathing set in after Black Friday.
Sure, if you're a garden-variety jackass breaking down the doors at Walmart and trampling the poor bastards who work there to death.

De-Ting said:
In my experience, October generally sucks balls and is punctuated by Halloween being the worst, then November rolls around and cleans up after it until Thanksgiving happens, which usually ends in disappointment and self loathing until Black Friday where at least the thought of wondrous deals to be found online from the safety of home is enough to brighten me up a little. So all-in-all, November is my favorite month of the year because I have a solid idea of what to expect from it, and most of it's good.

What are we talking about...pictures? Cool costume, Craig. You look like you're about to hit warp speed.

You sound like a sad depressed person. I'm sorry.

A picture of my newborn son's first foray into the game world.

14333034_10209293633311308_1119656301795360655_n.jpg

De-Ting said:
^Hey, good for you, man. Congrats.

Thanks! When he's old enough to read he'll probably be on GR too! It's crazy that I think about it, but it feels like just yesterday that I was 12 years old sitting on an old ass computer surfing GR for PC demos, walkthroughs, and reviews. Here I am now with a kid!

Aww, what a cute little guy, Ivory. Congrats! Surely he has some XP by now. And you are gaining ranks in skills you didn't even know you had, like diaper changing and losing sleep. :)

I put this on my Facebook last night but I'm throwing it up here too.

craig%20and%20jake%20judo_zpshbgu8pmd.jpg

We've got two special guest coaches up from down south to run a training camp this weekend. They visited our club last night to coach and train. I'm here with one of said coaches, Australian +100kg 2012 London Olympian + 2014 Commonwealth Games bronze medalist, Jake Andrewartha. Unfortunately, big Jake here has retired from the judo competitive scene, but that's fair enough, he's done a lot in the sport and now just wants to enjoy it on a more social, fun level.

It was really awesome to learn from and train with someone of such a high level, because when it comes to judo, I do it as a hobby and due to our location, we don't get that kind of exposure very often, so we're grateful for the opportunity.

I got the shit kicked out of me in randori (judo fighting/sparring) by this unit, and he was barely trying. Making me make mistakes, I was unwillingly doing everything he wanted. In saying that, he did point out said mistakes, told me how I can improve them and will continue more of this stuff over the weekend.

That is awesome Craig. I remember having Rulin Gardner come and train with my wrestling club. Obviously I didn't spar with him, I weighed 125. But he chose me as his wrestling demo partner. So I got to take him to the mat and he talked about my awesome double leg shot form. Good memories for me and I imagine those will be good memories for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod