Issues with EA Origin

Discussion in 'PC' started by Master_Craig, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Active Member

Hey everyone.

I know EA Origin sucks, but this issue isn't for me, it's in regards to my partner. She plays a lot of The Sims 4, which of course is a game which belongs to the EA Origin service.

As of late, she can't access any of her EA Origin games at all. Basically, she logs onto EA Origin with her user name and password, and then when the main screen loads up, it's empty. Every link she clicks on in said screen just returns her to the same, empty page. However, if she logs onto EA Origin via their official website, she can see all the games/expansion packs she's purchased.

We've tried Googling the issue and it seems many others are suffering similar issues. Some users have had their issues resolved via a certain procedure of instructions, but when I try and do said instructions, the problem persists.

Has anyone had similar issues? Can anyone suggest any potential solutions?

2. Starling

Starling Member

Yea, I had the same issue in spring, but the thing is, I can't remember how I fixed it.

Maybe it had something to do with logging in with a different account (I have somehow accumulated two accounts with different games, so that was pretty easy for me) and then logging back in with the original account.

Or the problem went away by itself. Dunno.

3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Active Member

Thanks for your input, Starling. Yeah, we've tried fixing it but it's a huge pain in the arse, can't seem to find a solution anywhere, or whatever solutions are provided don't seem to work. :/

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I have no idea what's wrong, but I know a few things you can try.

Try making a new account and download one of their free games. See if it's the software or something unrelated to the account itself.
    If you can access games on another account, then make sure that in the My Game Library she doesn't have a filter turned on or something.

If all else fails, find the Sims 4 launcher in your program files. Launch it directly, rather than through the Origin application. If you go to the Origin Games folder in Program Files, it should be there. Hopefully one of those works.

Good luck!

5. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Active Member

Could be because they're having either a maintenance or there was an outage of their service. Nothing you could do but wait.