If no more Bolt where does that leave GR?

Hey guys! Long time no talk!

How ya been? How is mom?

Good.

Now, down to business. I read this on Techdirt.com:

"The news is spreading now that Universal and Bolt have reached a settlement -- though, the details suggest this isn't so much of a settlement as it is Bolt effectively paying a ton of money to Universal and more or less shutting down."

The Article: http://techdirt.com/articles/20070212/004150.shtml

That leaves my question: If Bolt.com goes the way of Friendster where does that leave our precious Revolution?

Any scuttlebutt around the office?

Your loving friend forever,

Mike

I'm convincing myself it's because of Bolt we're still in Beta, and that if GR seperates from them, we'll get a fully operational death star. I mean site.

Yeah Joe- that is like the ONLY stuff I can find on it.

I mean I didn't Google it hard- but Techdirt seems to have the only... well... Dirt.

Now, don't get me wrong- I've seen Techdirt be way wrong before. I just care about my friends and was curious :/

If Bolt.com goes tits-up the GR office can move to my house. I promise.

I would hope it leave GR with the sacks and sacks of money Bolt gave 'em, and all the, err, strings would be cut, thus leaving GR rich and free.

Does bolt own GR?

Or does Duke still have some legal ownership rights?

This is were Duke steps in... and tells us whats going on!

I'll give you guys a little history lesson while I wait for my battleground queue.

During the .com boom, GR was huge, like the third most trafficked video game site on the net, with a staff of four, and a bunch of free writers who were mainly Cal students.
One of the editors even bought this incredible Lexus rice rocket, seriously too fast too furious.

Oop, I'm in, the saga will continue later...

But the car wasn't the only thing that was too fast or furious, as the dotcom boom busted, pitching game revolution into a financial situation few other sites survived. Editors Brian (Who wrote the infamous Survivor review) Gee and Shawn (Mailbag!) Sanders left, and Ben and Duke ran the site by themselves for two long years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod