I think the RPG section should die.

Longo_2_guns said:
Technically, the Classic Gaming forum is even less used. Should we get rid of that too?
Both forums could easily be merged into the General Gaming forum.

However, there's more of an argument for keeping Classic Gaming versus RPG. With the CG forum, a game is either old or it isn't, it's not like the CG forum can be looked upon as being given any special privileges - unlike RPG which is a genre, so if you're going to have a forum for RPGs, then why not have a forum for FPS', RTS', puzzle, survival horror, sports, simulators, etc.

schimmel said:
rckaratekid said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Because RPG games are fun and FPS games suck.
WO WO WO! First of all FPS don't suck, and second I hate RPG's for some reason I have never been interested in them, not enough action I guess!

There's plenty of action in an RPG if you want there to be... FPS games just tend to throw it at you more often. Have you ever played Fallout? That's an RPG and that has a shitload of action.
No I haven't.

miak757 said:
schimmel said:
rckaratekid said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Because RPG games are fun and FPS games suck.
WO WO WO! First of all FPS don't suck, and second I hate RPG's for some reason I have never been interested in them, not enough action I guess!

There's plenty of action in an RPG if you want there to be... FPS games just tend to throw it at you more often. Have you ever played Fallout? That's an RPG and that has a shitload of action.

more like 10 shitloads.

Less banter on fps vs rpg please.

RPG forum should be gone. Theres no reason in keeping it. Everything in there would be better off in the general gaming section anyways. It seems like a no brainier to me. :/

Lokness, the RPG section is for forum-run RPGs. Like Mafia: The Streets of Betaville, or Links one that you can find here. They don't really fit into general gaming because they're not talking about general gaming at all. They tend to be users playing an RPG through Game Revolution.

That being said it's necessary because having a section dedicated to them makes it easier for the people playing to find their topic and not have to go searching through all the pages of stuff in General Gaming.

I think I've answered your question about it not really being required. The section its self is for one thing, general gaming is for everything else.

LOL OK. So we keep one whole section purely for a frikken forum game? Am i reading that right?

And since you played the genre card, why cant we have a whole list like masterchris suggest? Where are the FPS, Puzzles, action adventure, fighting and racing forums?

lokness said:
LOL OK. So we keep one whole section purely for a frikken forum game? Am i reading that right?

And since you played the genre card, why cant we have a whole list like masterchris suggest? Where are the FPS, Puzzles, action adventure, fighting and racing forums?

The FPS forum would die because of idiotic FPS morons.
Who gives a crap about racing.
The Puzzle forum would fit amazingly well in general.
Action adventure and fighting games... Don't get me started.

Plus, multiple forums degrades the use of the console category, why? because if we put in every single genre, then the moderators would have to put it in it's genre forum.

schimmel said:
Do we run forum-based FPS games? Puzzle games? any of the other mentioned games?
lokness said:

miak757 said:
The FPS forum would die because of idiotic FPS morons.
Who gives a crap about racing.
The Puzzle forum would fit amazingly well in general.
Action adventure and fighting games... Don't get me started.

k cool.

schimmel said:
Lokness, the RPG section is for forum-run RPGs.
No, the RPG forum is for RPG video games. That recent development of having forum-run games in the RPG forum is just that, a recent development which I should add was only decided upon because the RPG forum was already pretty dead, and everyone in Covert Ops was too retarded to vote to axe the forum, so instead they try to justify its existence by moving forum games into it.

the rpg forum is about like the chat. it has a few loyal users but is just ignored by most of the community. I say during the next redesign we just conveniently "forget" the rpg forum exists and lose it. Then just ignore the few who whine incessantly about it and eventually people won't even remember it was here in the first place and the problem is solved.

Why not try the forum RPG out then, it just began and you all can jump in at any time, provided you go with the guidelines.

Shaft said:
the rpg forum is about like the chat. it has a few loyal users but is just ignored by most of the community. I say during the next redesign we just conveniently "forget" the rpg forum exists and lose it. Then just ignore the few who whine incessantly about it and eventually people won't even remember it was here in the first place and the problem is solved.
Agreed

RPG would get a lot more traffic if the mods would move RPG related topics to the RPG board.

You can go to Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, or PC, and just on the first page for all those boards you will find topics relating to RPGs. They should all be moved to the RPG board.

Well then I demand a forum for other genres. We should be able to totally eliminate the need for console-specific forums, and just have genre-specific forums.
I suppose we could have a catchall forum for console hardware support issues.

masterchris said:
Well then I demand a forum for other genres. We should be able to totally eliminate the need for console-specific forums, and just have genre-specific forums.

And the forums would die, and duke would probably change it back how it originally was.

I also agree with the RPG in other forums post,
the F3 topic should have been moved into RPG a long time ago.

The UFC thread should have been moved to the Fighting game section.

The Halo thread should have been moved to the FPS section

The Grid thread should have been moved to the Racing section.

See what i did there?

Fuck RPG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod