How to build the best high-end gaming PC

Discussion in 'PC' started by Wdelay22, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Wdelay22

Wdelay22 Rookie

[​IMG]

If you want to enjoy a perfect gaming experience, you need a good gaming PC first. Not everybody can afford a high-end gaming PC. That’s partly because PC parts generally aren’t cheap, but it can also be the result of differing ideas on what “high-endâ€

2. Ivory_Soul

Ivory_Soul Highly Motivated Test Subject

Okay, you can save yourself over $600 by lowering some of these. It's a bit overkill for just gaming.

First off, you don't need a 1TB SSD. Get a 2-3TB SSHD and save yourself about $400. Use a 256GB SSD for OS and a select few games that load a lot like Fallout 4 or a heavily modded Skyrim or Minecraft.

Second, You don't need a gold certified PSU. There are excellent bronze ones out there for under $100 and work just fine. You won't notice a difference.

Third, CPUs are very cool and power efficient in 2017 and you don't always need an aftermarket cooler. The stock one works just fine if you aren't overclocking and have plenty of fans in your case. You can also save money and get an older gen CPU. You had the right idea about the 7700 not being a huge upgrade. Most games are still requiring the 3000 series in their RECOMMENDED specs so even a 4 or 5 series CPU will be more than enough. Just make sure it's 4 cores and as close to 4Ghz as you can get (with Intel make sure the boost speed is near 4Ghz). Save yourself another $100-150

Fourth, you didn't mention getting any fans for the case which is bad.

Sixth, You don't ever need 32GB of RAM for gaming. No single game even utilizes 16GB. You also don't 2400Mhz RAM either unless you're doing video editing or 3D modeling. It's a waste. Get 16GB and you're golden. Don't throw away money that could go into other things.

Seventh, That motherboard is overkill for just one GPU. Save $100 and get one with one or two PCIe slots. Why throw away money and waste stuff? Get a motherboard with Wifi. It's 2017 and there's no lag with Wifi if you have 5Ghz and get a strong stable signal. Buy some nice antennas for around $50-60. I get over 100Mbp/s on my wifi setup and it never drops and I have super low ping. If you setup your wifi correctly it can be better or just as good as LAN.

Eighth, a GTX 1080 is really nice, but the 1070 works just fine and you can save $200-250. Most games don't even use the 1080 yet and I get overkill FPS on every game out there and I can overclock my GPU.

Overall, your setup is really nice, but a lot of it goes to waste and won't even be used. Build smarter not harder.

I've also been building PCs for over 10 years so please don't say I don't know what I'm talking about.

I also feel you're really young because anyone around 16 or younger tends to build these "dream system" when really they're throwing away money just to have an elitist build. Build what you need not what you THINK you need. Changing what I said is still a high-end PC.

Lastly, let me add something. You never mentioned a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. For the monitor you don't need anything above 144Hz. It's a waste and you won't notice 300FPS. It's a choice thing here but you can go all out and do three monitors, but instead get a nice single widescreen monitor with G-sync for about $600. Or, just get a 32" LG or something along those lines for around $300.

For the keyboard I recommend the Roccat ISKU FX and for the mouse the Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum. While I don't feel wireless keyboards are necessary, wireless mice have improved over the years and its 2017. There's no such thing as lag with wireless mice anymore. The G900 had a sensor specifically created by Logitech and is the most advanced laser mouse you can buy. I won't even by Razer mice anymore because of this thing, it's fantastic. Zero lag, not skipping or cut outs, and the battery lasts over 30 hours.

3. Susan Bennett

Susan Bennett Rookie

There are lots of tools available to build a high-end PC game. However, an advice from professional is always a helping hand. My experience with 121with is great and am sure you will get your answers as well.

4. LatinTeam

LatinTeam Rookie

good advices guys! I know I should start to build a gaming PC on my own but keeps worrying I can't make a proper one.