HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR GAMES

hey guys i was just wondering how much you all pay for your games?? i spent a year at college in the states and was blown away by seeing my friends pay like 50 bucks for a brand new san andreas and stuff like that. Ive lived in INdonesia for most of my life, and I pay exactly 0.595190 US dollars, which is quite a bit less than one dollar. Equivalent to 0.346123 British pounds. Its kind of mind boggling to think that I spend less than one pound/dollar for the games that you guys are shelling out 40 to 50 bucks for, and about 20 to 40 pounds for?? im guessing im not sure what a normal price range is for british games.. get back to me! so yeah. pretty crazy stuff and the games all work just like american and british ones do, but something about this post makes me feel a little better than you.

keep on li/lo ving.

Thats quite a difference, but im sure its relative, the pound and dollar are strong currency's. Still i always feel ripped off when ive spent on a video game...

:(

corporations.

:( :( :(

Libertine said:
Grey said:
í‚£35 for a new release in the United Kingdom.

í¯Â¿Â½35, you need to get to ASDA grey! í¯Â¿Â½30 there.

That much?! Go to my local game shop. í‚£20 for console í‚£15 for console.

Libertine said:
Grey said:

Brand new releases, some might go for thirty. Bear in mind that ASDA doesn't have a good range, plus its ASDA and I, nor my family shop at ASDA after the spat they had with my Father. (Refused to pay his company after they finished remodelling several of their stores, ASDA got sued, ASDA lost, we now don't shop at ASDA becuase they're pricks. :) )

Grey said:
Libertine said:
Grey said:

Brand new releases, some might go for thirty. Bear in mind that ASDA doesn't have a good range, plus its ASDA and I, nor my family shop at ASDA after the spat they had with my Father. (Refused to pay his company after they finished remodelling several of their stores, ASDA got sued, ASDA lost, we now don't shop at ASDA becuase they're pricks. :) )

I'm not proud. I soppose this makes me part of the wallmart 'family'...

Anywhere from $7 to $50 (American). Last $50 game I bought was Civ IV.

The Indonesian currency is probably extrememly weak at this time (no offense) and the American dollar and British pound are probably the strongest currencies right now (and the Euro too). I figure that's why you pay so little in American money.

Every so often, the local video rental place comes and has video game/DVD sales for all us poor college kids. I just got Mafia (used) for PS2 for $10.

It's like a contest between systems to see who can raise the game prices the highest and still have people buy it...what a vicious cycle...just vicious

ZombieWasBack said:
Anywhere from $7 to $50 (American).
The Indonesian currency is probably extrememly weak at this time (no offense) and the American dollar and British pound are probably the strongest currencies right now (and the Euro too). I figure that's why you pay so little in American money.

yeah the indo currency is absolutely messed up and everythings just corruption.

but that also means that im spending less than a dollar on games,which is pretty much the bargain of a lifetime. so...

good times.

hi

I get discounts because I work at the mall where I buy my games, so $50 dollar games become $44. Used ones even less, a new used game would be about $35.

Lego said:
It's like a contest between systems to see who can raise the game prices the highest and still have people buy it...what a vicious cycle...just vicious

They aren't doing that. Price fixing is illegal, Sony were under fire for price fixing in the UK several years ago for setting the game price of all PS1 games (this is long before the PS2 was even heard of btw.) at the í‚£30 mark.

I usually get them anywhere between CAN$5 to CAN$50, depending on how old they are (I'm a bargain bin hunter). That comes out to just about £2-£25 or USD$3.50 - USD$35.

I usually pay any price for the game I want (which ranges from $10 to $60 Canadian). My job pays well and I usually only buy games (or other stuff for girlfriend).

I buy nearly all of my games preowned. I got serious sam next encounter for í‚£5.99 the other day and Zelda collectors disc for giving this guy a copied disc of music in return and letting him borrow a CD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod