Halo 3 and your thoughts..

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by madster111, Sep 25, 2007.

1. madster111

madster111 Rookie

personally, i feel REALLY let down..the first time i started playing, i thought ''wait..i thought this was Halo 3, not a Halo 2 port!'' ..but after a 'few' hours i realised..oh, wait..its not..they added shiny-ness!

but TBH, the $200(AUD) was worth it..just too see the ending (you HAVE to see the ending, its AWESOME ..i wont spoil it though.)

whats everyone else's thoughts about whether it was worth it or not?

2. JCD

JCD Rookie

Every sequel is just a polished version of the previous game. I'm not sure why that point has been brought up about Halo 3 so much, but whatever. Something I don't think I really drove home enough in my review is how much fun it is. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of games having fun? Halo is a great source of teh fun. Especially the multiplayer.

3. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

it's because it's a valid point, you can have the same fun sans shiny ness on halo 2 for 15 bucks

or you can get identicle fun for 65, you can't argue that, nor can you say every sequel is just a shiny update

how long did people wait for halo just to have it look pretty?

4. Lethean

Lethean Rookie

From everything I've read inr eviews and the like, they say the single player campaign is just underwhelming. Yet they still score Halo 3 nearly as high as it can be. This baffles me.

5. Dark_Legacy

Dark_Legacy Rookie

Ok, you guys are missing one thing.

the Halo Nation. What game has a fucking nation behind it? It's really not an exaggeration.

Whether it is the least revolutionary game every put out, it will be playing on people's 360 until microsoft puts out its next unit. And you can expect a Halo 4 at that point.

-dL

6. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

it's the final fantasy effect, if I could liken it to cars

ferarri is one of the top, if not top names in track cars for the road, I think everyone can at least agree on that point

however they have a number of cans, that seem to fall short of their former incarnations

case in point the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, it's big, its a 4 seater, while it has a 12 cyl engine, it's just out of league with the f430, which is driving perfection

however everyones climbing over themselves to look past the downfalls of the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, despite it being ugly, despite it being pricier than a 430, its slower and sloppier, but its a ferarri, and thats where the praise comes from

the same thing happened with halo, halo made people go wow, halo made people go wow because other people were saying wow, and they tagged along, the third installment is the exact same thing, you're buying a name brand, much like you're buying the badge on a 612, when the fuck will someone rise up and say I want an epic single player to go along with the already established multiplayer

the answer is simply when people stop fellating bungie for what they offer, and ask for something a little tastier

7. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

halo 2 sold 9.2 million copies so far, tetris on the gameboy sold 40 million, if anything tetris's nation is far superior, and it did it with monochrome screens, and 8 bit blocks

8. DBucks8

DBucks8 Rookie

Icepick, we all know you dont like Halo....then WHY are you in every halo forum?

9. Lethean

Lethean Rookie

He's actually in Halo topics, in the Microsoft forum.

Also, he's probably bored and wants to give his opinion?

10. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

Dbucks largley because everyone else is hoping from thread to thread as well, so if it can be praised in every thread, why cant it be criticized?

moreover I dont hate halo, over all a very enjoyable series

but it's massivley over hyped

11. Miscarriage

Miscarriage Rookie

Well the board is open for criticism against the game, I'm liking how we're getting both ends of the spectrum here. I do find it funny how they say the campaign wasn't the best yet it does get a 9.6, etc. Granted, a high score is still easily attainable given Halo's excellent multiplayer, but it's almost as though they completely disregarded any of the negative comments they made? I don't want to say fanboyism, but we lose our keen sight when a game is continually good or releases several sequels, same goes with movies. We know it's great, but we lose the ability to point out it's flaws that may be more noticeable than we take them for.

Also, about the "It's the same thing.." Well, for many people it feels more like an expansion rather than an entirely new game. New vehicles, story, guns..it's not really a different game per se' aside from the graphics and online features. Then again, naturally, many people tend to hold a bias like that against First Person Shooter games because it's a very difficult genre to really..Work with, by that I mean, add so much that the game still retains it's feel yet changes almost completely (in terms of what makes an FPS an FPS.)

None the less, it's a great game..probably deserves a 9.2 average or 9..but, hey, it's all good, so long as the multiplayer exists. That is Halo.

Enjoy it though, I'll have it October 5th (Birthday, since I have no job, lol.) and IcePick, your car analogy is hilariously true.

12. kmg0

kmg0 Rookie

I never hyped Halo 3 after such a disappointment with Halo 2, but I like Halo 3 a lot now for its single player.

13. -FCM-

-FCM- Rookie

Because the gameboy was the only thing people played and Tetris was one of the only games.

As for my thoughts?

WHERE THE FUCK IS BLOOD GULCH. I thought, "hey, maybe they put Sidewinder back in this time, those bastards." But no. They don't even have Blood Gulch. I don't want no fucking Valhala. Valhala isn't Blood Gulch. Blood Gulch is Blood Gulch.

There fucking gose recreated RvB.

14. madster111

madster111 Rookie

that really surprised me too, in aus the other games were classified as 'MA15+' with halo 3, EVEN WITH THE HD, is only 'M15+' bungie could have done ALOT more to this game to make it funner...after all, halo fans are used to the games being MA15+

i have to admit, multiplayer is fun..but apart from that, its REALLY holo (pun intended) ..what? 9 levels and thats it?!? c'mon! WE WANT AN EPIC STORY, NOT A '6 hour and your done' GAME!

15. Shaft

Shaft Rookie

my halo 3 disk came scratched :(

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

common prob,.

17. DBucks8

DBucks8 Rookie

Oh I agree Icepick, way overhyped game....Are you going to buy it though? and be one of those fanboys who paid $60 for a polished $15 game?
    Also, Tetris has been around for over (or close to) 20 years, and it is the most accessible game to play so of COURSE it hads sold more copies than Halo. Oh and harassing people for liking a game? thats just f***in lame man...

18. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

whereas harassing me for not liking a game is different?

19. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

Guys this topic's about Halo 3 and opinions on the game, let's keep the "stop making fun of my game!" and "stop shouting at me for my opinions" crap out of it, yeah?

Sam

20. jivesc00ter

jivesc00ter Novice

it was a fun game but i missed the long cut scenes from halo2, it realy developed the story, i thought it had some of the openness from the first game but it had an abropt and unfufilning ending