Guys I Need Help

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What in the hell are amiibos??

I get they're figurines with some sort of special ability, but I've never been able to find out what the hell they are supposed to do...

They're small demonic idols that house ancient trickster devils who try to manipulate you into buying more of their chums until you have so many that you become a social outcast and go bankrupt. So I've heard.

Also they do something on some Nintendo games through the power of NFC, which stands for...Nearly....Functional........Crap?

I tried to do a quick search online and I can't really find a definitive answer haha. If I ever buy one, it will be Cloud Strife.

Speaking of, I've always pronounced his name, "Claude." I don't know why; just always sounded like that in my head. To this day, I cannot say, "Cloud" - it bothers me.

Amiibos are figurines sold by Nintendo that interact with certain games, using either the Wii U or/and the New 3Ds.

For example, there's heaps of Amiibos for Super Smash Bros. When you use your particular Smash Amiibo in Super Smash, you essentially "train" and "level up" an A.I character.

I honestly have no idea what Amiibo if they're not related to Super Smash Bros.

What they do depends on the game and if the programmers included anything special. In a few games, scanning an amiibo will unlock a new costume or give you some kind of bonus. Really, I'm not sure if any game has really made great use of them or not, but I've only seen a couple of WiiU games in action.

This is the Wii U's problem. Awesome controller, community, and trinkets - but they dont really make good use of them. Honestly, I dont know what they do outside of DLC type stuff.

Smash Bros lets you have them as an AI partner. You can let your amiibo level up. Mario Karts and Super Mario Makers gives you various costumes. They're pretty much similar to Skylanders and Disney Infinity collectibles.

lol GL I'm as lost as you.

As far as I can tell they're DIGITAL ACTION FIGURES!

UghRochester said:
Smash Bros lets you have them as an AI partner. You can let your amiibo level up. Mario Karts and Super Mario Makers gives you various costumes. They're pretty much similar to Skylanders and Disney Infinity collectibles.

Skylanders and Disno Infinitos have muuuuch more functionality.

UghRochester said:
That's why I said "similar." It's not exactly the same :wink:

mrw-when-the-same-student-keeps-asking-stupid-questions-45476.gif

I have two Amiibos at home. I bought Mega Man for my brother as a little gift, and I have an original 8 bit Mario from the Super Mario Maker game.

I don't use Amiibos. I mean, they're kinda cool to look at, I guess, but I don't use them for what they're supposed to be used for. There's also heaps of them and if you're a collector of them, you're going to seriously burn your wallet to the ground.

The quality of Amiibos is no where near as good as when they were originally revealed.

All the money some people i know spend on those things so far could have been spent on one of those man-sized Saturn V rocket models, a proper 1:1 metal terminator head or even a small lego kit.

It's too addicting, you guys. Selling kids the toy crack.

The only amiibo I own is one I got as a gift, Lord Ganondorf. Pretty baller. I've not scanned it into any games, though I might if I get Hyrule Warriors on 3DS.

It's a good thing I only bought three of them...and never use them either :p.

If they make Pokemom Amiibos though that retain stats and movesets....well Nintendo will make a lot of money in the end.

A lot of fucking money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod