GRandma's Culinary Academy

StudioTan

Regular
Z6zNzpk.jpg

Brown Sugar Pound Cake

Ingredients:
- 2 sticks of butter (1/2 lb/ 8 oz/ 227 g)
- 1/2 Cup shortening (4 oz)
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/3 Cups of dark brown sugar (24 oz)
- 3 1/2 Cups of flour
- 1 Cup of condensed, sweet milk (8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Directions:
Make things easy on yourself by working with room-temperature ingredients: so leave out the eggs, milk, and butter for about 10-15 before getting started.

Cream butter and shortening until fluffy. Add sugar, one cup at a time, and cream thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time and cream thoroughly. Sift flour and baking powder together. Add it to the mix along with the milk and vanilla extract. Once everything is sufficiently mixed, pour it into a bundt pan (It's the best way to go.)

Bake at 325 degrees fahrenheit for 1 hour and 30 minutes, starting with a cool oven (don't preheat). Then check to see if the cake is ready by sticking a skewer or knife all the way through the middle. If it comes out doughy, bake for another 10-15 minutes.

What goes in the hole?!

And nice work there Bret! Those things on top LOOK like pills...but I'm sure they're not....

Nice cake, StudioTan! Cheers for the recipe. ;) And Bret, man that birthday cake looks incredible. I hope (and bet) your son enjoyed that!

It was my turn to cook dinner tonight for the family, so here's what everyone got:

dinner_zpss3x9miby.jpg

Pretty much the same as my meal prep stuff, but fresh. Brined chicken breast, sliced up before being lightly coated in olive oil, followed by being covered in sweet paprika seasoning and garlic powder. Add in some fresh broccoli and sliced, brown mushrooms, sprinkled with thyme leaves, baking it all together in the oven, served with steamed white rice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod