GR Strips - Resigning

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone.

I'm not quite sure if I am allowed to share this with you, I'm sure it won't be a problem and I thought it would be the right thing to do. As of December the 30th (coincidentally, my birthday), I will be resigning from GR Strips and GameRevolution.

My reason for resignation is because I'm struggling to find time to work on my own artistic ventures. It's a dream of mine to work full time as an artist, and it's a further dream of mine to do my own comics, on my own website, in front of my own audience. I've learned a lot from working on GR Strips and now, the time just feels right for me to try and move on and do my own thing.

GR Strips has been an awesome experience. It's a really great feeling when people actually look at my work and enjoy it. To be honest, GR Strips had quite a rocky start, but over time the quality of the writing and art improved and I think people started to not only accept it, but enjoy it, and that's a wonderful feeling.

GR Strips was also an opportunity for me to continue practicing my drawing, trying out new styles and techniques, experimenting and also giving writing a good go from time to time.

When the final comic is released on Friday the 30th of December, I'll probably write another similar soppy message in the comments section... but since the forum is an Internet dwelling place of mine and you're all my forum mates and family, I thought I'd let you all know first.

There's lots of people I want to thank. The GameRevolution staff, former and current, Anthony Severino, Nicholas Tan, Jonathan Leack, Daniel Bischoff, Ryan Bates, Heath Hindman... thank you all for your endless support, encouragement, patience and understanding, for also providing me with ideas and inspiration.

I want to thank my brother Morgan, for helping me write a lot of the comics as well as editing them. My work wouldn't be the same without him.

Most of all, I want to thank the readers of GR Strips and the readers of GameRevolution in general... because without you to read at, laugh at or mock my work, there wouldn't be a GR Strips to begin with.

I'm unsure of the future of GR Strips. Will it continue with another artist/writer? Maybe, I actually have no idea, but I suppose there is always a chance. All I can say is, we'll see?

I'm looking at attempting my own website, but I'll probably tackle that sometime in the early new year. In the mean time, I do have a few social media accounts if you'd like to follow to see what I'm up to in the future:

Twitter - @Cr33gB
Instagram - cr33gra
Facebook - Reckless Abandon - Facebook.com/recklessabandonmedia

Thanks again for tuning in, everyone. I'll still be around GameRevolution, but as a loyal community member instead.

Best of luck with your artist career. I will miss GR comics. I doubt there will be anymore artists from this community (except MattAY) willing to contribute. I remember years ago there was a comic contest and I believe the user named "stevedave" won and was supposed to do something with what you provided. Don't know what happened about that. Anyways, good luck again, Craig.

I'll miss the strips man. I might not comment on them but I do read them, usually in the morning in the break room at work before I start my shift.

You've always been a great addition to the forums as well and I hope you can still stick around as we chatter on about our craziness. All in all I wish you the best of luck on following your dream. Just keep at it and always let your passion lead your life, even if it isn't your profession.

Sorry to hear Craig! I've enjoyed every one of your strips.
It's seems to have been a tremendous learning curve for you, and it's good to get some experience under your belt.

God speed on your future ventures! I'll certainly be following your inevitable improvement to comic success!

Thanks for everything you've done, Craig. I really hope you find success in your own personal endeavors.

Good luck in following your dream, Craig. Sad to see the strips go, as they are quite entertaining, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thank you everyone for your kind and positive comments. I really appreciate it. :)

UghRochester said:
Best of luck with your artist career. I will miss GR comics. I doubt there will be anymore artists from this community (except MattAY) willing to contribute. I remember years ago there was a comic contest and I believe the user named "stevedave" won and was supposed to do something with what you provided. Don't know what happened about that. Anyways, good luck again, Craig.

I remember that guy. I was going to try and track him down and see if he might be interested in continuing GR Strips, but at the end of the day, the decision will fall on the staff of GameRevolution. I'm glad you liked the comics, and I always appreciated your comments. :)

WickedLiquid said:
I'll miss the strips man. I might not comment on them but I do read them, usually in the morning in the break room at work before I start my shift.

You've always been a great addition to the forums as well and I hope you can still stick around as we chatter on about our craziness. All in all I wish you the best of luck on following your dream. Just keep at it and always let your passion lead your life, even if it isn't your profession.

Don't worry, man. You guys are stuck with me, I'll be hanging out on the forums, as well as the front page articles via disqus.

Even if you didn't comment on the comics (shame on you), I'm glad you read them and enjoyed them. :)

MattAY said:
Sorry to hear Craig! I've enjoyed every one of your strips.
It's seems to have been a tremendous learning curve for you, and it's good to get some experience under your belt.

God speed on your future ventures! I'll certainly be following your inevitable improvement to comic success!

It's been a HUGE learning curve! But I've learned so much and I've gotten a lot better than when I originally started!

The very first GR Strips (January 2014) - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/gr ... omic-23841

The latest GR Strips (November 2016) - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/gr ... atch-38191

I'm glad you enjoyed my work and I hope you do follow it in the future. :)

De-Ting said:
Thanks for everything you've done, Craig. I really hope you find success in your own personal endeavors.

Thanks, man. That means a lot to me, and I really did appreciate your comments and critique on my works as well. :)

COMaestro said:
Good luck in following your dream, Craig. Sad to see the strips go, as they are quite entertaining, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thank you! I hope I get somewhere with my own works, but I'm glad you liked the comics and understand my decision. :)

Longo_2_guns said:
Please don't leave us

Like I said before to WickedLiquid, you guys are stuck with me. ;)

Your strips are literally the only thing I click on the front page. Good luck getting a new web comic started. Base a character on me and it will be our little secret.

used44 said:
Good luck getting a new web comic started. Base a character on me and it will be our little secret.

Oh you. ;) Deal. :p

But thanks, man. I appreciate it. I'm glad you read and enjoy the comics. I honestly feel "bad" in making the decision to leave GR Strips, but I feel that the time is right.

I've always wanted to try and do my own web comic and website, and I kept telling myself I would do it, but I'm not. The only way I can stop making excuses, is to branch away from GR Strips.

I've been sifting through past Strips to look for a favorite, but they are all great and I still remember most of them. I have always liked the one with Lara Croft reaching for the shampoo; such a good comic. Good to see you're moving forward and good luck with all your future endeavors!

StudioTan said:
I've been sifting through past Strips to look for a favorite, but they are all great and I still remember most of them. I have always liked the one with Lara Croft reaching for the shampoo; such a good comic. Good to see you're moving forward and good luck with all your future endeavors!

I'm glad you like the comics, man. I appreciate your kind, positive comments towards them. :)

I look through the comics from time to time... I'll admit, the earliest batch of GR Strips make me cringe (I know that's a bit of an overused word on the Internet), but at the same time, it makes me proud to see how far I've come as an artist and a writer. I can't take all the credit for writing though, absolutely not... most of the time, my brother would help me write strips, while the GR staff would also write some strips and give me suggestions on what comics we should make. I did try my hand at writing comics all by myself like a big boy :p from time to time.

My favourite comic is probably GR Strips 99 "Hello Dark Souls, My Old Friend", the comic about Dark Souls III. I really like this comic because it makes me laugh, and I really like how clean and simple this strip is - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/gr ... iend-36537

Thanks again, StudioTan. :)

Out of curiosity, if anyone's interested, would you read a web comic that's primarily about board games? Like table top gaming, I mean.

My brother and his mate suggested the idea to me a few years back, but I wasn't interested because I didn't play board games.

In saying that, I did grow up around Warhammer: 40,000 (my two brothers both played) and I have gotten a lot more interested in table top gaming... from RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons, to more independent games like Zombicide.

What do you guys think?

It's cool, man. It was just a comic about Spacehulk: Deathwing, which just came out to PC (soon to consoles) with some Bohemian Rhapsody thrown in there.

Master_Craig said:
Out of curiosity, if anyone's interested, would you read a web comic that's primarily about board games? Like table top gaming, I mean.

Ehh probably not. I'd read it to support your work and because the art is awesome but I wouldn't be the target audience and I would likely not get a large portion of the content. I'm sure the market isn't very niche though and you would have decent readership.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod