GR ROYAL RUMBLE - GAMING EDITION - WINNER AND CHAMPION ANNOUNCED

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Well then, holy shit.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, green monsters who live in trash cans, welcome to the 2018 return of the GameRevolution, Royal Rumble, Gaming Edition!

We have sixteen fighters from all genres of gaming who are entering a sixteen player tournament. Starting off with the preliminary rounds, quarter finals, semi finals and then, the legendary grand final. Who will win this epic showdown? That depends entirely up to you!

Every forty eight hours (as I type this, it's currently Monday the 12th of February, 8:02 AM, ACST time zone) a new round will commence. You will have forty eight hours to submit your votes via the voting poll here on this thread. Obviously, the fighter with the most votes will win the bout! I will personally not be voting unless the votes are tied, then I will randomly vote for one of the two fighters using a number generator (which is how all of these fights are being organized, it's all random).

Here are your chosen fighters! (Edit: Structure has been re-organized to show order of battles and who won)

PRELIMINARIES:

Samus Aran (Metroid) VS Corvo Attano (Dishonored), WINNER: Samus Aran
2. Simon Belmont (Castlevania) VS Viewtiful Joe, WINNER: Simon Belmont
3. Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Human Revolution) VS Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell), WINNER: Adam Jensen
4. Kratos (God of War) VS Gene (Godhand), WINNER: Gene
5. War (Darksiders) VS Domingo (Shining Force), WINNER: War
6. Kirby (Kirby's Dreamland) VS Toon Link (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker), WINNER: Kirby
7. Dante (Devil May Cry) VS Jackie Estacado (The Darkness), WINNER: Dante
8. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) VS Vyse (Skies of Arcadia), WINNER: Solid Snake

QUARTER FINALS:

1. Samus Aran (Metroid) versus Simon Belmont (Castlevania), WINNER: Samus Aran
2: Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Human Revolution) versus Gene (Godhand), WINNER: Gene
3. Kirby (Kirby's Dream Land) versus War (Darksiders), WINNER: Kirby
4. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) versus Dante (Devil May Cry), WINNER: Dante

SEMI FINALS:

1. Samus Aran (Metroid) versus Gene (Godhand), WINNER: Samus Aran
2. Kirby (Kirby's Dreamland) versus Dante (Devil May Cry), WINNER: Dante

FINALS:

Samus Aran (Metroid) versus Dante (Devil May Cry), WINNER: Dante (Devil May Cry)

AND IT IS ALL OVER!

Samus Aran did tremendously well in all of her battles, but unfortunately for her, the final round was just too much as the Son of Sparda dominated the final match of the GR Royal Rumble. Samus fought valiantly until the very end, but the winner, and champion of the GR Royal Rumble Gaming Edition...

...is Dante!

latest

Thank you everyone for contributing your nominations, ideas and time to posting on this thread. It's been fun and while I am honestly disappointed to see Dante win (I would have loved to see Samus Aran beat his face down), it's still great to see a winner. It's been a fun thread to try and host. If I ever do one again, I'll try to do it a bit differently. For now, thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks for setting this up, Craig! I've stickied the post and I've also added a poll to make this easier.

Get voting, everyone!

Samus! I'm not sure she has the best story/character, but she has a badass set of skills and a great legacy of games.

I don't know much about Corvo. I didn't get into Dishonored.

Next time put Zero Suit Samus up...that'll get the votes rolling in ;) /prevyvoice

Man, Corvo got hosed on this matchup. While I think he's got the skills to overcome Samus, I don't think he's got anything that could really penetrate her armor. If it had been zero-suit Samus, I might have had to go with him, but here, I'm afraid it's no contest.

Actually, after a bit more thought, it depends if his Possession power works through her armor. Possess, remove armor, unpossess, stop time, unload a huge amount of bullets/bolts, Samus dies when time resumes.

It's honestly pretty one sided. At the end of the day, these competitions are just popularity contests, but it is cool to think about how this never-to-happen match up would actually go down.

I think Corvo would be quite capable against Samus with his abilities, but that being said, Samus is a bad arse who is immensely powerful. A strong contender!

Voting closes tomorrow (Wednesday the 14th of February) at 8 AM (ACST) and we'll be moving on to the next match!

Time for Round 2!

I've edited the first post with all the details. Paul - I'll need you or someone to edit the voting poll, unless you can give me the option to do it myself?

Belmont all the way!

Mostly because I never played Viewtiful Joe. Never liked the look of it.

100% this. That game always looked terrible to me, despite all the great things I heard about it. I might have to go back and play it one day but for now, it's one man and his Vampire Killer.

100% this. That game always looked terrible to me, despite all the great things I heard about it. I might have to go back and play it one day but for now, it's one man and his Vampire Killer.
Viewtiful Joe is definitely worth a shot. I actually think it's held up better than a lot of GC games as a result of its art style.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod