• Actor G

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actor A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
Uncharted.jpg

Given the flawed execution of the last production, I'd like to get input at each stage of the selection process. From the story we choose to tell, to the studio, to the medium. My hunch is that we should do this movie based on only the characters we'd like to include versus the story we want to tell. Telling a unique story might be more fun, but it has the possibility to get wreckless and out of hand. Additionally, people wouldn't want to see a story based on a game they've already played scene for scene. What I was thinking was more creative and less "this person - now choose, next that person now choose". In this iteration we attempt to include our favorite aspects of the game, in addition referencing similar games or genres using snippets of those characters mentioned either in small cameos of a beautiful English-born archeologists catching Nathan's eye, or by placing references in frame that pay homage to Temples of Doom or mythical creatures that may or may not exist. I can go either way and don't care, but I'd like to open it up to your thoughts.

Studio
legendary_880x440.jpg

Elena Fisher - Jennifer Lawrence
1888847-ef1.png
Jennifer-lawrence-katniss-hunger-games.jpg

Victor Sullivan - Nick Offerman
Victor_Sullivan_Render2.jpg
Nick-Offerman-1104453290764234061.jpg

Nathan Drake - Chris Pratt
6fdjplz9yho8rr4xbpmo2nl.jpg
PRATT_ParksandRecreation_a_p.jpg

Gabriel Roman - Rob Lowe
Gabriel_Roman.png
9d5f3fdd145b35f7_rob-lowe.jpg

Director - Ben Affleck
ben-affleck-director.jpg

Atoq Navarro

One of my favourite things about the Uncharted games is the dialog between the characters. The way the cut scenes are crafted are not only beautiful to watch but they seem very realistic - movements, expressions, the way they speak and of course the dialog they speak. I love the banter between characters and the occasional, but smart comic relief.

I think the difficulty of telling a new story is... what kind of story would it be? The reason I ask is because the games have already set out and laid out characters and eventually told the origins of Nathan Drake... so if a movie was made that was an entirely new plot, would the characters already be established, or would it have to be a "reboot"? If the characters are already established, that's great for fans of the series who have played the games but it may alienate those new to the franchise who are watching the film. Establishing the characters may please the new comers, but may piss off the fans, "Hey, this isn't how it's supposed to go" or anything like that.

Regarding a Studio though... tricky. Would the film be live action, or CGI?

If it were live action, I'd suggest a studio like Legendary Pictures?

The banter and the dialogue is a must-have for this project, which is why I'm not going disney, even though I'm a fan of the National Treasure Franchise. No, this film must be catered to adults! I like Daniel's selection - very adult. He's trying to generate Oscar buzz even. Two good choices so far, what do you guys think? Legendary Pictures definitely has my vote for making this trek to find El Dorado look extremely awesome, but here are the nominees thus far:

Legendary Pictures
legendary_880x440.jpg

Focus Features
Focuslogo.jpg

We will get to actors in a bit, but please don't get butt-hurt and leave the thread when your actor doesn't get picked :( -- if anything help me figure out a fair and democratic system... Also, Craig has a few good points, lets stick with the story as is and start with the first one.

Legendary has been putting out some good ones lately. Mostly action centric and they are working with Cramtson on Gohjirra. So legendary.

I'm leaving this open for a last stand push by Daniel to see if he wants to help bolster his nomination with movie examples, reasons, etc - but I think the consensus is Legendary.

Thinking next steps, is this a film where we want to attach the main actor before we put the director into that role ( a bit of movie politics), or do we want to continue to place the director then lead into the voting order?

I feel like, for a movie like this the studio would look to book or offer the role to someone big to add to the lore - before they announced the Directors.. but I could be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle