God of War | OT | Back From Hel

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Paul Tamburro, Apr 14, 2018.

?

Are you going to buy God of War?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor
    Staff Member

God-of-War-2018-Kratos-and-Atreus-640x360.jpg

Developer: SIE Santa Monica Studio
    Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment

Genre:
    Action-adventure
    Players: 1
    Platforms: PS4

Description: Break the cycle of violence with a stunning retelling of the classic series, exclusively on PS4.

GameRevolution Review: "The graphics, sound, combat, world, and plot all come together to make an exquisite package that is a prime example of why games are art and God of War is right up there with the best films and novels when it comes to storytelling. If you have a PlayStation 4, you should play God of War. If you don't have one, you should consider getting one to play this game."

Let us know your thoughts below!

2. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I’ll probably get it based on the very positive reviews, but I’d like to get a PS4 Pro first to take advantage of the 4K upgrade.

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

I’d have to get a 4K tv too.

Personally, I’ve been thinking about upgrading my ps4 for more storage and not sounding like a jet engine.

I really enjoy the series and I’m looking forward to this next iteration. I loved your guys’ review as well.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I've played most of the GoW games and have enjoyed them all, so have been looking forward to this since it was announced. I am very curious about the new playstyle involved in this one and like that we are moving to a new mythological culture. It may not be a day one purchase for me, but I'll definitely be picking it up at some point.

5. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I haven't played GoW 3 and Ascension. I'm expecting both of them to be hack and slash like the other titles. Looking at previews of this, this looks way different than the previous titles in which I hope for. I'm not getting this at launch due to other titles I need to play first like Horizon: Zero Dawn. Definitely will look forward to this in the future.

6. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never really been into God of War. I tried to play the first game as well as the second, but despite the game play being similar to Devil May Cry (which I enjoyed back in the day, for some reason), I felt God of War was repetitive and I didn't really like Kratos as a character.

I really like the change of direction that the new God of War is taking. Kratos actually looks like a character I can care about and I like how the game focuses on narrative and semi-exploration, with some RPG elements as well. I've seen a bunch of trailers, read reviews, watched video-reviews and seen the general consensus of the game. I'm sold.

I'd like to have a PS4 Pro, but my PS4 still works fine and a Pro is about $519 AUD (about $404 USD) which at this point in time, is just way too much money. I did enter a competition recently to try and win a limited God of War-themed PS4 Pro and a copy of the game, so fingers crossed, I guess?

Like Bret said though, my PS4 also roars Goddamn jet engine, especially when the room's air conditioner is off. I've taken my PS4 apart and I have cleaned out what dust I can but unfortunately, there are some things of the PS4 you cannot physically take apart (without damaging the console) so there will always be some dust in there. Taking your PS4 apart voids the warranty but it didn't matter to me as my warranty was gone ages ago.

Even with a PS4 Pro, I couldn't take advantage of the 4K resolution as my TV, a 40" LCD Sony Bravia smart TV, only supports up to 1080p. Granted, my TV is over seven years old, but it's still working just fine, so I can't justify an upgrade.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 4:23 PM