Gaming... Boy Scout Approved

Uh...
I thought the boy scouts were more about things in NATURE and survival skills. Granted learning how to shoot is a vital skill to have in FPS's, or civic lessons from RPGS but still.....

MattAY said:
Easiest badge ever.

Discussion over.
No, they have to be rated the same age as you.

So, because only 8 years olds are in the scouts, they will have to play something like Viva Pinata.

LinksOcarina said:
Uh...
I thought the boy scouts were more about things in NATURE and survival skills. Granted learning how to shoot is a vital skill to have in FPS's, or civic lessons from RPGS but still.....
Boy Scouts, and especially the Cub Scouts and the youngins, are more about learning to be a good citizen and a good person than anything else.

Girl Scouts are about dressing up girls in outfits that, once they reach the age of consent, I ask them to wear anyway, and selling cookies. Thus, they're much superior.

madster111 said:
MattAY said:
Easiest badge ever.

Discussion over.
No, they have to be rated the same age as you.

So, because only 8 years olds are in the scouts, they will have to play something like Viva Pinata.

I'd personally choose Mario. But I see your point. Mario is literally the ONLY one.

Scouting has evolved a lot over the years. I would say that its main focus is citizenship, more specifically service to community. The wildlife stuff is the sizzle they use to attract the kids and convince them to keep showing up.

Examples of non-nature badges I earned: American Business; American Heritage; Aviation; Architecture; Chemistry; Computers; Crime Prevention. The BSA is constantly evolving and I can only imagine that the Video Game Badge is to teach responsibility and moderation in video games.

Well, scouting's relevance to society has been waning for quite some time. Even with this and other new badges, it's still usually considered a "camping club" by a lot of youth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod