GameRevolution Relaunch Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
Hello internet travelers,

This weekend we are hosting a GameRevolution Relaunch Beta Test. We are looking for two to three additional testers to try out the upcoming relaunch website in a test environment before providing feedback.

If you'd be interested, reply below.

Godspeed.

- Jonathan

I got the invite request, now does this mean no talking about it, posting screenshots, or you will have us assassinated?

Just like to say at this point -

Well done Jonathan for involving all the forums and community. We complained about these kind of issues RE the staff not listening etc in the past.
But you are inviting us for feedback, fully listening to our opinions and are now responding to any complaints we may have honestly and maturely - we appreciate the commitment to change! Hope it continues for the good of the site!

- <3 MattAY!

Ivory_Soul said:
I got the invite request, now does this mean no talking about it, posting screenshots, or you will have us assassinated?

We'd prefer if you didn't share screenshots yet only because we have some bugs and polish to take care of before launch. We don't want to give the wrong impression before release.

Release is incredibly close so we'll have a full debut announcement soon.

StudioTan said:
PostPosted: 07 May 2017 05:19 Post subject:
I'll be your lab rat.

Sent an invite to your inbox.

MattAY said:
PostPosted: 07 May 2017 06:33 Post subject:
Just like to say at this point -

Well done Jonathan for involving all the forums and community. We complained about these kind of issues RE the staff not listening etc in the past.
But you are inviting us for feedback, fully listening to our opinions and are now responding to any complaints we may have honestly and maturely - we appreciate the commitment to change! Hope it continues for the good of the site!

Thanks for sharing this. Now that I've settled into the position I'm working on making sure we keep an open channel of communication with our readers.

Cheers.

I have so much I want to say about the new site. I put in some detailed info in the submission form, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share here. It's killing me and I feel like screaming!!!

Ivory_Soul said:
I have so much I want to say about the new site. I put in some detailed info in the submission form, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share here. It's killing me and I feel like screaming!!!

I don't want the site to change if it's going to kill me ;)

COMaestro said:
Ivory_Soul said:

I don't want the site to change if it's going to kill me ;)

Then it's going to kill you. Probably instantly.

Jonathan_Leack said:
Ivory_Soul said:
Soooo...what happened to the 16th launch date?

Technical issues. Relaunch will be within a few days.

tenor.gif

Jonathan_Leack said:
Ivory_Soul said:
Soooo...what happened to the 16th launch date?

One more final delay. Currently scheduled for 5/31.

That sucks to hear, but at the end of the day... like video games, I'd rather something gets delayed in exchange for being better polished, rather than rushed and full of bugs.

Lookin' at you, Mass Effect: Andromeda. Lookin' at you.

I mentioned how the first teased logo looked too "e-Sports" like and now I know why. The very first detail mentioned in the new content is the e-Sports Calendar. I don't think our community is too big on e-Sports. Then again, it's very popular on the live streaming sites like Twitch. Maybe when I see the word, I think towards...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1zJU08IiA

UghRochester said:
I mentioned how the first teased logo looked too "e-Sports" like and now I know why. The very first detail mentioned in the new content is the e-Sports Calendar. I don't think our community is too big on e-Sports. Then again, it's very popular on the live streaming sites like Twitch. Maybe when I see the word, I think towards...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1zJU08IiA
'

I understand what you mean. However, we will be branching out to capture more of the gaming industry moving forward. We have focused on a small subset of the industry for a long time, and we have greater aspirations than that. That's not to say you will see eSports coverage every day, but it will be a part of our content strategy.

New content is always great, nothing wrong with that. I'm just curious how much our community are familiar with e-Sports. I for can't match up the names with the games they compete for. I enjoy watching the Smash Bros comps when I can, but comps with content like League of Legends bore me.

As long as we get rid of these types of ads (yes, got one just now) where it won't let me in the site even after the video played, I'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod