GR Strips...

• Are awesome, give us more!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This one wasn't funny

• Can I have Craig's autograph?

• Total voters
Hey all, maybe you've already seen our new comic on the front page. We hooked up with Master_Craig to start developing a weekly strip about gaming and we'd like to ask for your feedback here.

Here's the link:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto ... omic-23841

Check it out, then tell us what you think about the strip. What do you think should be different? What do you like about it? Basically we want to know your honest reaction, and we know we can depend on you forum users to be brutally honest.

My only complaint is that I sent Craig a congratulatory PM last week and he big-timed me and didn't reply.

Can't say it does the joke as well as
Wbt4ygr.jpg

UrbanMasque said:
Whys the image so GODDAMNED BIG!
We did this so that it'd be readable. Kind of a big deal since they even pushed the ads down the page to make room for the wide comic.

I saw this in the comments too. Something to do with Internet Explorer browsers? Who is experiencing this, what browser and OS are you running?

danielrbischoff said:
UrbanMasque said:
Whys the image so GODDAMNED BIG!
We did this so that it'd be readable. Kind of a big deal since they even pushed the ads down the page to make room for the wide comic.

I saw this in the comments too. Something to do with Internet Explorer browsers? Who is experiencing this, what browser and OS are you running?
That was me you goof. I didn't know if it was just mu Mozilla Firefox loading the image automatically or not. I wished it was set up so you can see a smaller image and click to resize it. Other than that, I'm happy you're showing off what someone in our community does. Whether the joke is funny or not, still good to see this. I thought it was funny, but not ROFL funny.

Haha, thank you Ugh. I haven't ever really ROFL'd after reading a webcomic, so I think we're just trying to explore that voice right now. Working on next week's comic :)

Craig stiffs Used, and this thread. What a humble guy. Pfffft just pulling your leg there Craig. What would that be in Aussie? Also, do you guys really hate New Zealanders?

If he never sees this, I'll never know.

Used, are you kidding - he's swimming in too much PUSSAAYY to be replying to PMs now.

It's awesome - I love it. Keep them up Craigy boy! Is this a weekly thing?

Ps - <3 GL :D

This is what i'm talking about. An Australian, down on his luck, comes across an American gaming website and together they become the biggest thing since frozen garlic bread.

Can I have the movie rights? I smell a Teen Choice Award.

Holy crap. I didn't even see this thread until this morning. Sorry for my long reply, it might be tl;dr.

used44 said:
My only complaint is that I sent Craig a congratulatory PM last week and he big-timed me and didn't reply.

I'm really sorry I didn't see your message... however, I replied to it just now. I never replied because (as I said in the PM to you) my message count said "You have no new messages". When I saw your post here I thought you were kidding, I got curious and had a look and... holy crap there's a message from used. My bad! Thanks for the congrats. :)

danielrbischoff said:
Haha, thank you Ugh. I haven't ever really ROFL'd after reading a webcomic, so I think we're just trying to explore that voice right now. Working on next week's comic :)

Craig stiffs Used, and this thread. What a humble guy. Pfffft just pulling your leg there Craig. What would that be in Aussie? Also, do you guys really hate New Zealanders?

If he never sees this, I'll never know.

I am a horrible person. I try really hard at it. :)

In Australia we generally just say "I'm just f***ing with you" or "I'm just giving you s***" or something. Also not all of us hate New Zealanders, but it's fun to make fun of them. Especially sheep related jokes. It's okay, they make fun of us too.

Also yes. I saw that.

MattAY said:
Used, are you kidding - he's swimming in too much PUSSAAYY to be replying to PMs now.

It's awesome - I love it. Keep them up Craigy boy! Is this a weekly thing?

Ps - <3 GL :D

Haha oh wow. That's amazing... and man, thank you aye I do appreciate your comments, I'm glad you like the comic. It will be a weekly thing actually, the boys of GR and I brain storm ideas every week via e-mail and we're working on a schedule to get sketches done and approved followed by the final coloured comic.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Great first run. Guys you need to remember he's in Australia or the Netherworld or some such place.

Yup, I live on the planet Australia, AKA the Netherworld. I work in a basement where I am fed rats by those who wish me to commit my alchemy.

WickedLiquid said:
This is what i'm talking about. An Australian, down on his luck, comes across an American gaming website and together they become the biggest thing since frozen garlic bread.

Can I have the movie rights? I smell a Teen Choice Award.

That would make for a cool story and movie :p haha. In all seriousness, it is different to be working with people overseas who I can't see face to face, but in saying that I'm really happy to do this and it's a very unique thing for me to do.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments, constructive criticism and general feedback, I really do appreciate it. And thank you again to the GR staff for giving me this opportunity. I love to draw and this is a great opportunity for me in terms of experience, potential exposure and adding to my portfolio. :)

I'm sorry that the comic is a bit big on screen. I tend to draw at high resolution because A - it gives me a lot more freedom and room to move, B - there is potential to print the comic if necessary and C - it just looks nicer and cleaner in the end. Hopefully in the next comic or so, we can rectify that issue. I run Google Chrome and I could read the comic just fine without having to full view it (granted... I do have a 24" monitor at 1920 x 1200 resolution) but in saying that when I did full view it, yeah, it was huge.

As I mentioned before in response to MattAY, yup, this comic is a weekly thing. The GR staff have given me a schedule of when the sketches and full comics need to be completed by. It works well with me because I do get busy "iRL" (unfortunately, not busy in a cool way - work, gym, judo, house work etc, I'm boring).

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and feedback. :)

Just to contribute to the sizing discussion, I can say it looks perfect on Safari iOS, both in mobile mode and in mobile-disabled mode. Obviously in mobile mode you need to rotate your device to view it in landscape perspective, but it is scaled correctly to fit the site regardless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod