Duke Quit!?!?

I saw Dukes facebook status,

"Dear friends and colleagues (and colleagues who are also friends), after nearly 15 years at Game Revolution, I must sadly inform you that today was my last day. I can always be reached at [email protected], and I have astonishing superpowers."

What does this mean for GR?

What? No farewell Manifesto? No announcement? I expect a little corporate transparency around these parts, dammit. I'm hurt...but to be honest they've been cranking up the Blake Morse in interviews and stuff like that and cranking down the Duke(this is not a slant against you Blake, you know I got love for ya) . So even though this comes a bit out of left field, it seems more like the author poorly foreshadowed it.

Hopefully, Duke is finally fulfilling his dreams of opening that pirate-themed wedding chapel business. Here's to you, Duke! Thanks again for yourself, GR and making the internet better one website at a time.

NOOOO DUKE....IT'S NOT TRUE! Damn, who's going to be like the head of GR now?
Also me thinks Duke whilst fight the raging waters YAR!
11832_305476825526_575860526_9557009_4337957_n.jpg

it is indeed true, and for the record, i did not quit. they have offered to let me write a final manifesto, which i will do. it may take me a while though, as there is so much to say.

Hmmm, I look forward to your Manifesto. I've lurked here a long time and loved GR. I wish you the best in any future endeavors.

It's been a shock to all of us at Game Revolution. We're still trying to cope with what's transpired, and it will be long before I'll stop missing him as I walk past the empty office and the empty chair he filled.

I wish Duke the best of luck. No one is sure what the future holds for him, but I know it can only be greatness. I only hope that I'll be able to carry the flag of Game Revolution with as much integrity (and drunkeness) as Duke has. Forever The Pirate, The Big Kahuna, The Man.

You stay here, so you can always see my beautiful, frowning face.

Plus, we can always hope that Duke will become a frequent member of the message boards no that he isn't caught up in the official bzns of GR.

^That would be a good thing to come out of this. Duke'll be a regular ol' poster like the rest of us!

p.s. Crave is full of it, fuck those cunts.

Sacked? That is total BS! Grow a pair Nick and Blake and walk, GR is nothing without Duke. I don't get how it could continue without the fcking creator involved. This site was was one of the first I ever visited back when the fucking internet was only used by scientists at the CSIRO FFS.

Right now I'm half deciding whether I should stay aboard and watch as the ship goes down or get away now. I dunno what to believe anymore.

And Duke, I just want to say: Thank you. So, so much. Honestly, if I wasn't for you I doubt I'd be as good of a shape as I am today. I mean, I've been coming here since '96 or '97 at least, and without a doubt I've spent more time here than any other site on the internet, and so it's really hard for me to express how much this site has affected my life growing up.

So again, thank you Duke. For everything you've done.

Well.

Shit. I don't know what to say.
Go get the gas while i get my lighter and check to make sure the insurance is up to date.

Wow, whose decision was this?!

Yeah, were going down now. This place wont be the same anymore!

This comes as a shock to me, considering how deep Duke's into GameRevolution, dating waaaay back when it all started. Even so, knowing him, he'll be incredible in whatever he wants to do from now on.

Considering that image posted above, he'll probably do very damn well as a pirate king!

On a serious note, though, it has been awesome writing for him for the past two years and I'm thankful for the opportunities Duke and co. have provided me since then. Words cannot describe how thankful I am to Mr.Ferris and the crew.

Best of luck, Duke!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod