Do you believe that there's a God?

Do you think that God exists?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simply, no. But I think that if you personally believe in a god, that it can affect your personal life any damn way that you would like.

derekk said:
What about an option for agnosts?

I don't think there's enough space for all the different religious (or otherwise) persuasions.

As for me, I'm pretty much an atheist though I also lean towards being agnostic.

Sam

No, don't be ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, I wanna know what the point of being Agnostic is? If you believe in god, you probably do so due to a religion, so why not join that religion? And if you don't believe in god, you're atheist. I just don't understand the "middle ground." Maybe I'm an idiot, but if I thought god existed, I'd join a religion because at that moment the fear of god would be instiled in me.

link56 said:
No, don't be ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, I wanna know what the point of being Agnostic is? If you believe in god, you probably do so due to a religion, so why not join that religion? And if you don't believe in god, you're atheist. I just don't understand the "middle ground." Maybe I'm an idiot, but if I thought god existed, I'd join a religion because at that moment the fear of god would be instiled in me.

The common misconception with Agnosts is that they think "Well, maybe God exists, and maybe he doesn't" which in istelf, does sound ridiculous.

As per dictionary.com's definition, being Agnostic means that you are "One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God."

So, I guess if you really think about it, you could be Christian\Catholic\Various Other Bible-Based Religion and be an Agnostic at the same time.

Yes, I believe in God. And for the agnostics: it's not impossible to know if he exists. If you join a religion, study the Bible (and in my case, the Book of Mormon) thoroughly, you'll get a feeling inside that assures you of his existance. This is why I know he exists. Don't get me wrong, though. This didn't happen overnight.

Link, simple apathy is a reason for my agnosticism.

And if the people stare then the people stare! Oh I really dont know and I really dont care!

kiss my shades 8)

i guess the logic about if u believe in god then join a religon.

im one of those middle ground ppl, mainly becos i dont know wat to beleive. over 2 billion believers (is that correct?) cant go wrong, so there has to be some kind of god. but with mordern day science, and things unexplainable, i just find it hard. yea, this means i dont have much in faith. its confusing i reckon.

Simple answer for me.

Yes there is a god.

All of the religions in the world share the same god.

The bible is full of crap.

yorky said:
Yes, I believe in God. And for the agnostics: it's not impossible to know if he exists. If you join a religion, study the Bible (and in my case, the Book of Mormon) thoroughly, you'll get a feeling inside that assures you of his existance. This is why I know he exists. Don't get me wrong, though. This didn't happen overnight.

You 'know' god exists which is fair enough but it's impossible to prove it to others and I think that's what they're getting at.

Sam

LinksOcarina said:
Simple answer for me.

Yes there is a god.

All of the religions in the world share the same god.

The bible is full of crap.

I am Buddhist. There is no God. There is only Karma.

You want an option for agnostics? As if there is such an option... He asked a yes or no question, and thus the obvious options are 'yes or no'. You either believe or you do not. Believing in the possibility means that you do not explicitly believe there is a god, and therefore you do not believe there is a god. You don't have to believe there is no god. Thus is the misconception with the ignorant position of agnosticism.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod