Daily Manifesto

Obviously we have a daily structure for the Daily Manifesto and occasionally we'll put rants and opinions and such in there, but I've been wondering if we should make some changes. I'm just testing the waters with our most dedicated readers and I won't take everyone's opinion and run with it. Just thinking out loud.

Monday - New Video Games
Tuesday - Tell GameRevolution
Wednesday - The People Speak
Thursday - The Download
Friday - GameRevolution Radio

Now, some of these features are non-negotiable with regard to WHEN they run. But maybe you don't think they should run at all. Maybe GameRevolution Radio is better for Monday night or you think The People Speak is pointless and should die in a fire.

What do you think? How would you want the Daily Manifesto to evolve?

The People Speak is dumb. It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.

I wouldn't mind listening to this week's podcast while I drive to work instead of feeling like I'm a weekend behind.

Bretimus_v2 said:
The People Speak is dumb. It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.

I might actually get on it this week and for once it's not some Xbox One shitting comment.

Not that I care or anything.

I kinda do

Actually, GRRadio seems more like a middle of the week thing to me, and TPS should come at the end. Also, I'd move Tell GR to Monday so you could possibly use it for the podcast. That means either moving New Video Games to Tuesday, or doubling up on Monday and thinking of something new for Tuesdays.

Kinda threw your non-negotiable thing out the window, but that schedule makes more sense to me.

Bretimus_v2 said:
It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.
So the featuring of comments being focused on the most responded story would add some context, or posting the comment tree? I know some forum folks really hate the comments/The People Speak but I think it's evening out and I'd love to expand or improve on the original concept (which I basically ripped off).

Bretimus_v2 said:
To quote the greatest erudite of the 20th century that is agent K: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"

Just because everyone in the room want to throw stones doesn't mean we have to glorify stoning. Much less give them a weekly spotlight. Heck, i'm just ashamed sometimes that the guy that claims the "Woman needs to stay out of the kitchen if she can't stand the fire" gets so many thumbs up AND gets featured on the front page for everyone to see. Wanna guess what type of crowd this attracts to GR? Not us.

Can we just remove the thumbs up system altogether?

danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.
So the featuring of comments being focused on the most responded story would add some context, or posting the comment tree? I know some forum folks really hate the comments/The People Speak but I think it's evening out and I'd love to expand or improve on the original concept (which I basically ripped off).

I say bring attention to the quality articles and the discussions that were had about it. Most of the time the top quote is something that brick Tamland would say in a eulogy for himself.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Seconded.

How about an "Editor's pick" instead? Like the GR staff can pick one of the top voted if you like or one that you simply agree with too!

TPS is good as in a sense of showing off the community, but it's terrible on how people get chosen. If you continue to show TPS reports, I would count the upvotes and subtracts the Guest upvotes or maybe like suggested below, let the editors of GR choose it. I wouldn't even let GR choose them, because of how the haiku were chosen during that podcast. I do like the suggestion of the GRRadio being midweek

Also, can we just ban BTS and all of his accounts? I'm not saying he spams GR with his YouTube videos everyday, but he has posted them numerous times. Although I ignore most of his comments and just downvote them, It's sad to see others can't really do that. Necrowolf is a cool person and hasn't been around much. I'm not blaming BTS, but that's probably a reason. And seeing how BTS made it on the community leaderboard is really sad to see.

I need to visit the front page more often. It's been a loooooong time since I've been there for anything other than reviews/previews. And I almost never post comments, I mostly just thumbs-down Lien's.

UghRochester said:
Also, can we just ban BTS and all of his accounts? I'm not saying he spams GR with his YouTube videos everyday, but he has posted them numerous times. Although I ignore most of his comments and just downvote them, It's sad to see others can't really do that. Necrowolf is a cool person and hasn't been around much. I'm not blaming BTS, but that's probably a reason. And seeing how BTS made it on the community leaderboard is really sad to see.
The very fact that the people on the front page can't just ignore him says a lot about it.

That said, I agree. I once let my curiosity get the best of me and looked through his online history. He's been banned from every single website he's ever been on for doing the same stuff, so just cut him out already. I would've just done it by now, but I don't think banning him would make a difference for the Disqus stuff, and that's out of my jurisdiction anyway.

used44 said:
I need to visit the front page more often. It's been a loooooong time since I've been there for anything other than reviews/previews. And I almost never post comments, I mostly just thumbs-down Lien's.
IT WAS YOU!
You_31952b_1439953.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod