Control schemes for Thief and Dishonored

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Arcadi_Rush, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Arcadi_Rush

Arcadi_Rush Rookie

Hi,

I have one hand. I also like video games, but due to the aforementioned one-handedness I have to verify control schemes on games I buy before I buy them. I want to play either Dishonored or Thief next, but I wanted some insight on how possible that would be with limited use of the r-trigger and bumper. Here's a guideline to help you understand where I'm at.

I've beaten Halo 1 and 2 on legendary with southpaw controls. I've been playing through Assassin's Creed 1- 3 with regular controls. I played Bioshock 1 and 2 with southpaw, (Dishonored seems to follow a similar model of ability/weapon combat) but I really didn't enjoy Bioshock: Infinite when the southpaw controls weren't offered. I had tons of trouble with Mass Effect and Dark Souls, to the point where I couldn't effectively play either. Hopefully that gives you some insight into what I can and can't handle in console gaming.

Any insight into if these games offer alternate control schemes or if they'd be doable based off the benchmarks I just laid out? I'd be playing both on the Xbox 360. Thanks.

2. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I haven't played either, sorry. But if people like you don't inspire developers to include customizable controller setups, I don't know what will.

3. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

I just wanted to say yo. I am known to play videos games with an extra keyboard on the floor for me to use with my feet. It is nice to have you here at GR.

It doesn't sound like you are a pc gamer though so I do not have much advice for alternative controls schemes. Sorry.