Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Here's my latest news. Enjoy.

Finn Jones (Game of Thrones) has landed the lead role of Danny Rand in Iron Fist. Show production should start in a few months. I've never seen Game of Thrones so I'll let someone who has tell me if this is good casting.
finn-jones-iron-fist.jpg

The teaser for Luke Cage, which drops on Netflix on September 30th:
I'm about sick of always having to buy new clothes.

A movie poster artist named Ciara McAvoy says she was hired to create a mock-up image of Captain Britain's costume to accompany a proof of concept that will presented to Marvel/ABC/Disney for a possible TV show.

Cd6xVbbWoAADz5a.jpg

Early screeners of Suicide Squad are complaining that every joke in the film is what was shown in the trailers. As this is supposed to be a fun film (as opposed to the further complaints of the non-stop seriousness of Batman v Superman), Warner Bros is trying to do some pre-damage control by spending millions on re-shoots and new footage to further lighten up the film before it's August release.

Here's a lot of good images from Doctor Strange of the Doctor himself, Baron Mordo, and the still un-named villain played by Mads Mikkelsen.
doc-strange-cumberbatch-nyc.jpg

doc-strange-cumberbatch-nyc4.jpg

doc-strange-cumberbatch-nyc2.jpg

doctor-strange-cumberbatch-nyc-8.jpg

strange-image-2-4-4.jpg

strange-image-1-4-4.jpg

I fully expect the first trailer to drop online in the next few weeks and run theatrically before Captain America: Civil War next month.

I've never known much about Doctor Strange, but it looks like the movie has excellent casting.

In regards to Iron Fist, that sounds cool too. I read a hilarious article on Kotaku about the Iron Fist film. The author of the article was complaining that Iron Fist should have been cast by an Asian actor and claimed by having a white guy, it's racist. He also admitted he's never read the Iron Fist comics, so he had no idea that... believe it or not, Iron Fist was a white guy with blonde hair, when made back in the 70's, and has been ever since.

As for Suicide Squad... that scares me. It sounds like they're having problems already. I'm looking forward to the film but like Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice before it, my hopes for it are not very high.

Reportedly, the Iron Fist show was almost scrapped a few months ago because all the potential scripts kept getting turned down. But then a couple of screenwriters turned one in that Marvel liked. I assume the character will show up at some point during Luke Cage, given those two characters long comics history. While no date is set, I'd expect Iron Fist to drop on Netflix late next spring or early summer.

And yeah, concerning Suicide Squad, when a movie goes back for extensive reshoots shortly before its release, that's usually a bad sign (see: Fantastic Four).

That's some crazy makeup on Mikkelsen. I'm sure it will look better on film.

I'm so dang behind on the Netflix Marvel stuff. :(

Here's the first trailer for Doctor Strange! It doesn't reveal much in the way of plot, but it sure looks pretty and is a good first taste I think.

Teach me.

doctor-strange-photo.png

Here's the latest.

ABC is developing a show based on Marvel characters Cloak and Dagger for their young adult-themed channel, Freeform.

In news that is absolutely no surprise, Marvel and Netflix officially announced that they'll be doing a Punisher series. Season two of Daredevil had its ups and downs, but I loved every minute of Frank Castle's screen time.

With Marvel adding more films to their upcoming slate like Ant-Man and The Wasp and the new Spider-Man film (more on that below), the Inhumans film that was set for July 2019 has been bumped from the release schedule. The movie hasn't been canceled, it's just more than likely being pushed further back until they can set a new production schedule.

We knew Nathan Fillion would have a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy when it came out. Many didn't catch it until later that his appearance was voicing the big alien prisoner that got nose raped by Groot. For Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, he's going to have another lo-key appearance, but this time as a higher profile character. Images from the set show Fillion portraying Simon Williams on movie posters. In the comics Williams was Wonder Man, sometimes villain, sometimes Avenger who later tried to balance an acting career with being a hero. I'm going to bet these movie posters are the extent of Fillion's appearance in Guardians 2, but it could serve to establish him as the character for a future film. Another takeaway from this is that at least one scene of the film will take place on Earth.
gotg2-swilliams-pic01.jpg

gotg2-swilliams-pic02.jpg

tumblr_o67kb9jYCN1u6rxqto1_500.jpg

The new Spidey film in the works now has an official title that can also carry multiple meanings: Spider-Man: Homecoming. Marvel be having complete creative control. At the recent CinemaCon, the first scene shown for the movie was of Peter Parker coming home to find his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei) having a conversation with Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark. Spider-Man: Homecoming will release on July 7, 2017.
spidey-image-4-13.jpg

I have a feeling that DC took a hard look at BvS and took a look at what Marvel's doing and said, "Yeah, let's do that".

Steve Trevor and WWI setting. Reminds of the JLoA episodes where the Justice League goes back in time to stop Vandal Savage using futuristic weapons in that era.

Also, for the JLoA film. I like how they don't show Superman to make you believe he's really dead. Not so sure if I like The Flash's costume.

I agree. It's like DC looked at what Marvel is doing (and has done) and is essentially replicating it. In saying that though, I do like the look of this Justice League film.

What I don't like about the Flash is the crazy electricity that spawns when ever he uses his powers. Is that how it normally happens in the comics and stuff, or is that just special effects?

Flash's costume reminds me of his armored suit in DC Universe Online.

Sorry, Paradox. I may of accidentally hijacked this thread. ;)

wolverine-3-logan-poster-405x600.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1aSAQ1CibQ - The official "red band" trailer for the new Wolverine movie titled "Logan", scheduled for a 2017 release in March.

Taking obvious inspiration from the Old Man Logan graphic novel, I'm interested to see what's going to happen with this one. Old Man Logan is set in an alternate timeline where the world is in a post apocalyptic state and most mutants are dead, with Hulk being the villain. What will happen in this film?

Taking a queue from Deadpool, Logan will be rated R.

rs_560x317-161020062941-560.Logan-Trailer-FB-102016.jpg

It's got a very Last of Us feel, in my opinion... mostly 'cuz old mate Logan's got a beard, seems to be protecting some girl and is obviously in a very dangerous, violent environment... and of course, slow, emotional, acoustic guitar.

logan-trailer.jpg

I am so pumped for Logan. I was a bit worried that the movie is doing the Old Man Logan comic since many characters from that comic aren't owned by FOX. But that trailer and the news it'll be rated R has me very excited. Besides the movies always do their own take on the story anyway. In a way it's kind of cool because there's that element of surprise.

I really hated Apocalypse and I could nerd rage about the idiotic choices they made for that movie. But instead I'll just move forward and hope this movie is as good as the trailer, just like how Days of Future Past was as good as its trailer.

People might say he's overrated but Wolverine is not only my favorite X-Men character but my favorite Marvel character. And finally after that God-awful Origins movie, and "ok" movie The Wolverine, we'll finally get an amazing one.

The use of "Hurt" in the trailer was a little (a lot) clichéd. Looks great though. I just read Old Man Logan last week and surprisingly loved it. I'm a sucker for what-ifs and alt-timeline stuff in superhero comics.

Bretimus_v2 said:
At least Origins was memorable. THE Wolverine was forgettable, like the Amazing Spider-man series.

You mean Origins was memorable because it was so bad, right? :p

I preferred The Wolverine to be honest, but I felt the giant robo-samurai at the end was really stupid, even for a comic book movie.

The Wolverine was good, but fizzled out by the end, whereas Origins was just okay, though the handling of Deadpool and the very uncanny valley Xavier were atrocious. Logan is looking pretty interesting though. I am hopeful.

A lot seems to have changed since I was last around these parts. Thanos in Infinity War was amazing. Hopefully the first trailer for the next Avengers drops in the next month or so. I’m also really looking forward to Captain Marvel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod