Bad games you've finished

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What's a game that you didn't enjoy, but ended up finishing anyway?

Why did you finish it, and what was wrong with the game?

Post some bad games you stuck out, for some weird reason.

So many of the Assasin’s Creed games. I feel like it was a real game changer on getting away from precise controls and hit boxes and really dressing up action sequences to have cinematic quality, but that stuff got watered down hard. And there ended up being a ton of other titles that did what they started, and did it with less glitches...and coherent stories that actually resolved.

Assassin's Creed... there's a franchise that I've pretty much given up on.

One game that stands out to me, being bad but I managed to complete anyway, is Dex. To a degree, I forgive Dex because it was an indie-title, but it still had so many issues.

A 2D, side scrolling RPG set in a futuristic cyberpunk setting, Dex sounded so cool to me, I watched the initial trailer and immediately bought it on the PSN for my PS4. Unfortunately, it was a game with consistent bugs, such as invisible enemies, or enemies becoming invulnerable/untouchable (and the only way to solve said bug was to reload my latest save), to having an unbalanced combat/skill system, as well as a poorly told story, with bad writing and below average voice acting.

I finished the game because I was hoping it was going to get better but... no, it didn't.

Styx: Shards of Darkness.

A promising game that garnered my interest. You play as a goblin known as Styx, in the "Of Orcs and Men" universe. It's a stealth game, where Styx has magical, stealth-related abilities that can be leveled up, and each mission is of open structure similar to Hitman/Splinter Cell games, e.g. there isn't just one path, but many potential paths that can lead to your objectives.

As a fan of the stealth genre, I loved the idea, but the deeper I got into the game, the worse it got. Let me dot point why this game was crap (yet I still finished it):

- Average graphics and frame rate (played on PS4),
- Can't drag dead bodies, once they're dead, they stay there, unless you use a skill/ability to somehow get rid of the corpse,
- No non-lethal take down options,
- Can't close doors (you can open them, but the remain open permanently),
- Awful, lazy writing,
- Average voice acting,
- Lame story,
- Little to no replay value,
- Enemy A.I. is tremendously dumb and can be abused,
- Buggy / crashy (two examples, the game crashed on me numerous times, I also occasionally fell through the floor, reached the level limit below and died),
- Terrible finale.

The game has a pretty good soundtrack at least.

I regularly check reviews of games to see if they're amazingly bad before I get them. But other things get in the way, like free games etc where I just pick them up!

One such game was Murdered: Soul Suspect.

That game got real old, real fast. Sneaking around ghosts to find out who the "Bell Killer" was. When the story wasn't intriging enough to care.
BUT, I sadly have an ailment within me called "trophy hunter". Some trophies had already popped and I had to get them all now!
I powered through the game, making sure I wasn't missing anything. And low and behold - I did! So had to play the whole game again for one trophy!

Got there in the end though - wooo!

You make me more and more happy with my decision not to purchase Murdered: Soul Suspect when I've seen it heavily discounted on the PS Store.

I'm also glad I never checked out Murdered: Soul Suspect. I heard it was so awful. The worst.

Another recent game I can think of that's bad yet for some reason, I still took the time to finish it, was the PS4 Secret of Mana remake.

Buggy, crashing, graphics from an iOS engine (despite being a PS4 game), a super easy adventure that suddenly spikes in difficulty, average voice acting and a terribly remixed soundtrack... I think I only finished this game purely out of misguided nostalgia.

pour ma part c'est le jeu state of decay 2 qui m'a le plus déçu pour ses:
-Animations répétitives
-caractères pas attachants et pas de héros
Décès finaux
-Le manque de grandes guerres entre communautés humaines ennemies pour pimenter le jeu, style clan de The Walkind Dead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TweakBox word counter Tutuapp

Last edited:
Murdered: Soul Suspect was pretty painful to finish. Felt like a chore. Garshasp: The Monster Slayer was an awful God of War like PC game that shouldn't exist. Various Gameloft IOS games back in the day like 9MM, Modern Combat 1 and 2, NOVA, and a few others were just plain awful. Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2 and 3, A Mortician's Tale, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Medal of Honor (reboot) and Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Clive Barker's Jericho.

There are many more I have subjected myself to over the years. I don't know what compels me to try a poorly review game anyway. I always regret it in the end and never learn.

I try to finish games I play. I rarely start and then stop a game before I hit the credits. I like that feeling of knowing something in its totality.

I feel that. Just remembered another one.

Spec Ops: The Line. The gameplay and balance issues were distracting against a pretty cool story of losing your sanity in war. Lots of cool fourth wall moments that you had to drudge through stupid choke point battles or race against the clock challenges.

I feel that. Just remembered another one.

Spec Ops: The Line. The gameplay and balance issues were distracting against a pretty cool story of losing your sanity in war. Lots of cool fourth wall moments that you had to drudge through stupid choke point battles or race against the clock challenges.

Spec Ops: The Line had an interesting story, especially the forth wall moments you mentioned. The game play seemed okay, like... mechanically speaking, it was honestly fine, but it was heavily flawed because of how linear it was and how restrictive it felt. I don't know about you, but in that game, every time I entered combat, I would pretty much stay in the same cover spot and never really move, unless a grenade was thrown at me. Kinda crappy. :(

Got two games that I didn't like, but finished anyway.

First is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, which was a reboot to the Mirror's Edge franchise. Beautiful graphics and overall presentation with a cool soundtrack and fun parkour mechanics. It was an improvement over the first game, as the first game was a terribly short, linear A to B experience, while Mirror's Edge: Catalyst went for a more open world route, with side quests and unlockable abilities, similar to an RPG.

Despite the improvements, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst still suffered from a forgettable story, bugs, average voice acting and writing, boring side quests, a dull finale and little to no replay value.

Next is Rise of the Tomb Raider. This is an award winning game and a lot of people absolutely love it, including GameRevolution, giving the game an essentially perfect score of five out of five. I wasn't a fan, especially considering I adored the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider.

Graphically, the game looked awesome (not quite as good as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, but it still looked great) with a cool soundtrack to go with it. There was nothing really wrong with the combat or "Metroidvania" style game play and exploration.

Since the game is set in mainly one location... for me, it got incredibly boring. The story was forgettable and was hardly engaging, and the voice acting/writing had a lot of room for improvement and I found the game to just feel incredibly linear. I also hated the new crafting system, as it felt unnecessarily complex (with a lot of digging/hunting for resources), where the previous game was a lot more simplified and more progression-based. Eventually, Rise of the Tomb Raider just felt like a chore to play, and became frustrating as I just wanted to finish the bloody game.

I've said this before but maybe I over hyped myself on this one. I loved the 2013 remake and because I don't have an X-Box One, I had to wait an additional year (October 2016) to get my hands on this, and I probably unfairly compared it to Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, released mid-2016, which I really enjoyed.

I finished Knack. It wasn't a bad game if it wasn't for the repetitive combos you can do. I finished it, because I wanted to get the second game and see how well that is compared to the PS4 launch title.

Got two games that I didn't like, but finished anyway.

First is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, which was a reboot to the Mirror's Edge franchise. Beautiful graphics and overall presentation with a cool soundtrack and fun parkour mechanics. It was an improvement over the first game, as the first game was a terribly short, linear A to B experience, while Mirror's Edge: Catalyst went for a more open world route, with side quests and unlockable abilities, similar to an RPG.

Despite the improvements, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst still suffered from a forgettable story, bugs, average voice acting and writing, boring side quests, a dull finale and little to no replay value.

Next is Rise of the Tomb Raider. This is an award winning game and a lot of people absolutely love it, including GameRevolution, giving the game an essentially perfect score of five out of five. I wasn't a fan, especially considering I adored the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider.

Graphically, the game looked awesome (not quite as good as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, but it still looked great) with a cool soundtrack to go with it. There was nothing really wrong with the combat or "Metroidvania" style game play and exploration.

Since the game is set in mainly one location... for me, it got incredibly boring. The story was forgettable and was hardly engaging, and the voice acting/writing had a lot of room for improvement and I found the game to just feel incredibly linear. I also hated the new crafting system, as it felt unnecessarily complex (with a lot of digging/hunting for resources), where the previous game was a lot more simplified and more progression-based. Eventually, Rise of the Tomb Raider just felt like a chore to play, and became frustrating as I just wanted to finish the bloody game.

I've said this before but maybe I over hyped myself on this one. I loved the 2013 remake and because I don't have an X-Box One, I had to wait an additional year (October 2016) to get my hands on this, and I probably unfairly compared it to Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, released mid-2016, which I really enjoyed.

I played through the original 2013 Tomb Raider twice and really loved it an still agree on Rise of the Tomb Raider. Didn't hook me the same way. Don't remember the particulars of why I stopped playing it, just a general boredom. And it was too combat-focused for too-long stretches.

I played through the original 2013 Tomb Raider twice and really loved it an still agree on Rise of the Tomb Raider. Didn't hook me the same way. Don't remember the particulars of why I stopped playing it, just a general boredom. And it was too combat-focused for too-long stretches.

Yeah, Rise of the Tomb Raider got awfully boring for me as well. :( Which is unfortunate because the first (or 2013) Tomb Raider was so good.

But I think that those dec
Spec Ops: The Line had an interesting story, especially the forth wall moments you mentioned. The game play seemed okay, like... mechanically speaking, it was honestly fine, but it was heavily flawed because of how linear it was and how restrictive it felt. I don't know about you, but in that game, every time I entered combat, I would pretty much stay in the same cover spot and never really move, unless a grenade was thrown at me. Kinda crappy. :(
isions were somewhat made knowingly.

But I think that those dec
isions were somewhat made knowingly.

Struggling to finish Sally Face atm, it's a indie adventure which starts out great but gets quite tedious as the story progress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod