Article comments

Okay, so I changed my full name on Disqus to "UghRochester." and that sorta connected everything, but it deleted all the notifications I got from GR. So, I guess I'm starting fresh? Or your tech did the change specially for me (I hope that's what happen, makes me feel so beautiful). Either way, when I login to GR now, it logs me into Disqus. I think we're good here.

I'm gonna miss seeing everybody's join date to the site on every comment. It was like "damn, this guy's been here forever" and a way of knowing loyal GR fans. I guess we'll still be able to see that on profiles right?

The notifications now appear in your 'My Disqus' tab, which is above every comment section.

used44 said:
The notifications now appear in your 'My Disqus' tab, which is above every comment section.
That wasn't the problem with me. Let me just break it down for you
-Had two completely different accounts. One was a GR generated guest account (Normal GR Account) and one was my Disqus account with the full name Howard Hall
-I wanted them to merge together, but it would be cool if that didn't happened.
-With the GR account, I had over 90 notifications (only from GR) when I first explored it on here.
-I changed my full name on Disqus from "Howard Hall" to "UghRochester." Pretty sure Anthony suggested that.
-Something magical happened. Not sure if the accounts are merged together now, but when I login to GR with my normal username and password, my Disqus page shows up in the comments even though I wasn't signed in to Disqus. (I made sure I logged out of everything on Disqus including the social networks it's connected to)
-All the GR Notifications are gone. That doesn't matter to me, because they were old. What matter to me is whether my comments are deleted or whether they keep adding up. They weren't deleted and they keep adding up. You can see that through the "Community" tab. Also, I'm betting I'll still get new notifications from replies, but haven't tested that out, yet.

I'm sure you don't, but I'm just posting to help anyone through this transition. Also, I assumed you were responding to me, because it didn't make sense if you were responding to Skelbon

I dont know where we are in this conversation or how long I've been out of the loop on this, but I just saw the new comments section login and disqus and profile icons.. etc. Me Likey..

That is all.

Anthony_Severino said:
De-Ting said:
I like then new comment voting that shows who's voted up or down, even though it just completely erased all previous thumbs.

Ah, I did not know that. I better stop thumbs upping myself to bolster my already massive ego, then.
Correction; you can't see who's downed you. That would be nice.

It's awesome, nice work guys. Enjoyed seeing my old comments and everyone's replies that I didn't even know about!

Thanks for listening to the community, not many sites would do that :)

Skelbon said:
I'm gonna miss seeing everybody's join date to the site on every comment. It was like "damn, this guy's been here forever" and a way of knowing loyal GR fans. I guess we'll still be able to see that on profiles right?
Yes, that'll still be on your GR profile and in the forums. I agree though I did like see which users just joined to troll a post.

At first:

Y8vwGnP.gif

But then:

0e3.png

Now i can finally found out WHO is always thumbing me down even when i simply post "haha".

Man, I was all hyped for this, but it loads like a shit covered molasses .png with a 1000x2000 aspect ratio on dial up.

So by the time it actually loads up, I no longer care.

I don't think you get the joke.

Anyway, it's loading fine now. So that's good. It's nice. I like that you can see who thumbs who up but not down. It's better that way.

The new system is very very nice. You can edit. See who likes or dislikes your posts.

Good job GRandmasters.

It did however reset the votes on some of my awesome comments this week. Screwed out of TPS :p

Longo_2_guns said:
I like that you can see who thumbs who up but not down. It's better that way.

And yes, unfortunately TPS will skip this week as we hammer out the Disqus system and how it all works... Sorry about the rating reset everyone. Did not know that was going to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle