Any Games Worth Getting on The 3DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rebiscocrackers, Jun 5, 2016.

1. rebiscocrackers

My wife's been thinking of getting a 3DS to play pokemon , but I've been asking her to put it off for now because 1. there might be something new coming 2. I haven't had much time to look into which games are actually worth getting on the 3DS, save for pokemon.

So anyway, for anyone with experience here, which games are the worth most getting on the 3DS?

2. Griffin_Vacheron

3DS is my favorite handheld and even with Switch released I feel it's worth buying. More than one of my GOATs are 3DS games.

I would say A Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem Awakening are the top universally awesome games on the system.

If you're into that sort of thing, there's also Virtue's Last Reward, an excellent sci-fi VN. I saw the movie Interstellar after beating VLR and remember thinking "wow, VLR did it so much better."

It's getting pretty old now but Super Mario 3D Land is also well worth your time. At the time of release it was actually the best-looking Mario game ever, as 3D World had not released yet and with 3D enabled for boosted resolution, 3DL's visuals are even more impressive than Galaxy.

3. used44

used44 Forum Moderator

Definitely look into the new (soon to be released?) New 2DS XL. It's really pretty and offers the full 3DS experience minus the 3D. As marvelous as the 3D technology is on the New 3DS, I don't think anyone uses it often enough to really miss it.

Great price too.

4. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Veteran

I don't play my 3Ds very often. When I do, it's mostly Super Smash Bros. for 3Ds, which is so much fun in multiplayer, but a huge bore in single player.

Xenoblade Chronicles is on the 3Ds. It's supposed to be awesome but sadly I could never get into it.

There's always the "remakes" of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, as well. A Link Between Worlds is pretty good, too.

Griffin_Vacheron likes this.
  5. Midgard

Midgard Rookie

You have to see that Metroid Remake is coming. There are lots of games for 3ds. Animal Crossing, Story of Season, Mario, Zelda.

Griffin_Vacheron likes this.