• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To an extent

• Corny Poll Option Placeholder

• Total voters
intoTheRain said:
I for one am loving video games again, I'm so excited for my new PC and the games on the horizon.

Is it wrong for me to say that I feel like the future of innovation in games is going to be in the PC market, especially considering how little of an upgrade it looks like the next gen consoles are going to be?

NickKmet said:
intoTheRain said:
I for one am loving video games again, I'm so excited for my new PC and the games on the horizon.

Is it wrong for me to say that I feel like the future of innovation in games is going to be in the PC market, especially considering how little of an upgrade it looks like the next gen consoles are going to be?

I am shocked by the GPU's theyre planning to put in next gen consoles. They're low end cards for today. It makes no sense to me. At all.. I can't think of any logical reasoning. By the end of the next gen PC games are gonna be near reality, and consoles are gonna look not much better than they do right now.

And yea, PC is picking up steam again, at least in my opinion. But I don't think it can be denied.

intoTheRain said:
I for one am loving video games again.
There is a lot to be excited about in this industry. Some of the best games are coming because it's the end of a console cycle, and new consoles are giving people tons of excitement.

I actually hate it when a new generation of consoles begin. I'm never ready to let go of my current ones after all the money I put into it, lol. Which is why I don't hop on board with the new ones untill 2-3 years into the era. You also save money and stress with buggy systems that way.

I've said this before, but unless the new consoles LOWER the time and cost of game development rather than RAISE it, things are going to get much, much worse. Things are already bad because of how much it costs to make games.

Or we need a united consumer market who can properly boycott and petition shit so that publishers will give in to demands and stop just throwing complaints aside as "entitlement" and other BS. But that will never happen.

I like gaming on PC and console but PC gaming has to overcome some problems if it ever wants to catch on like consoles.

The main problem for me is the hoops and bullshit you have to go through just to play a damn game on a PC. It's been proven over and over and over again that DRM does not work and yet a bunch of PC games have DRM on them. The other day I was having some connection problems and couldn't get on Steam. I could not even start it up in offline mode which meant my entire collection of games that I bought on there with my own money was locked out and inaccessible to me when I wanted to play them. It pisses me off. And to this day I refuse to put any game on my system that had securom on it just off principle alone.

The other problem is that a good PC gaming rig can be costly. Even if you go the route of building your own or just getting a mid range rig that runs stuff on medium settings you will still need to upgrade it. There was a article on the front page a little while ago where you guys were talking about that and the point I was trying to make at the time was that if you bought that mid range rig to play games at medium right now, that in 2 years the new games coming out will probably have to get run at low and to bump it back up to medium you will have to upgrade something anyway. A console never has to worry about that. Sure, it might not look as pretty but you buy it once (assuming it never dies) and that is it. The only thing I ever bought for my PS3 in the 4 years that I've had it was a bigger HD and a new controller. My PC is half that age and I've already upgraded the vid card once and am due for another upgrade to it just to keep up if I want to keep running the newest games at the highest settings. And lets face it, what is the point of playing games on the PC if you don't have the settings cranked all the way up? Might as well just play the console version otherwise. Same looks more or less and less DRM bullshit to put up with.

Green_Lantern said:
intoTheRain said:
I can't think of any logical reasoning. .

It's pretty simple really. It all comes down to the price of the console unit.

When next gen is released you will be able to buy a pc with twice the power for the same price. Maybe not for the last gen.

As for it being hard playing pc games. I dont remember the last time i had troubles playing a pc game. I do remember the last time i couldnt play ps3 games online for a month though.

And the cost thing will obviously always be a factor. What do you expect, a pc can do 100x the things a console can do and has 10x the power for only double the price.

Unless you're a student the cost should not at all be an issue.

Most modern pc games on low make the console version look like pong. I bought a 5770 like 4-5 years ago and it still runs most games at mid settings easily.

Cost is always an issue. Even if you're the richest man on the planet, it's never a bad idea to try and save money.

But yeah, DRM needs to go. At least some devs, like CDProjekt, know how terrible and useless it is.

Longo_2_guns said:
Cost is always an issue. Even if you're the richest man on the planet, it's never a bad idea to try and save money.

But yeah, DRM needs to go. At least some devs, like CDProjekt, know how terrible and useless it is.

Ok, sorry, I didnt word it entirely properly. But you know full well what I mean. If you're working. And know how to deal with your finances properly. And you have a passion for video games. There is no reason a decent gaming rig shouldnt be easily within your budget.

You used to need a state of the art gaming rig to run the newest games maxed. Now you only need a 1000 dollar rig to run everything maxed. Anything more is overkill, unless gaming on dual monitors or above 1980x1200 res. So PCs are now extremely reasonable imo. If they were any cheaper itd just be stupid.

Believe me, I agree. Gaming rigs are damn affordable, because really, if you get a $800 rig now, it'll last you as long as the next console generation and then some even without upgrading. Like my 5 year old hunk-o-junk that runs everything on low and needs an upgrade.

But I can see why a lot of people would be turned off, because even if you have a lot of money, it's not a bad idea to save it. And a lot of people don't know how to save money on PC gaming.

Besides, graphics don't matter that much. You can get something cheap and be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo