2014 Completed Games List

Yeah but Threes? Titanfall? Garden Warfare? Tapped Out?! These are games with no ending.

It all goes back to my question I posed to the podcast, when do you count a game as "finished" when there is no story mode or obvious ending? I guess everybody makes their own way with it. I know this topic has steered me personally to play more of my single-player games, which feels great.

I guess Titanfall has a campaign, technically. Maybe I should count that.

I have been using it as a list of (almost) everything I played this year. I could hardly make the argument that some of those have been "completed" or "finished", but aren't I cheating in this dick-measuring contest anyway?

To me, a game that doesn't technically have an ending can be counted as completed when you have accomplished everything you've set out to accomplish. Like a certain rank in MP only games, etc.

That makes sense. Set personal goals for yourself. Still, not sure what my goal will be for Threes though. Maybe 10,000.

Hmm, maybe I should make a topic about this...

Mine is 6,711 but it's a bit of an outlier to my usual ~4k. I haven't played in a month though.

Finished Dark Souls 2

Not at all bad, but it wasn't nearly as well made as the other two. I doubt I'll play through NG+, much less the platinum, but I'm still glad I played it.

Longo_2_guns said:
Finished Dark Souls 2

Not at all bad, but it wasn't nearly as well made as the other two. I doubt I'll play through NG+, much less the platinum, but I'm still glad I played it.
NG+ adds a lot of new things, mostly just to ramp up the difficulty, but they make another playthrough seem more meaningful.

Finally finished Infamous: Second Son, at least the story. Went Light/Good Karma. I probably won't replay the game just yet, at least not for a long while.

SPOILERS:

I was pretty disappointed by the end, particularly the final fight with Augustine. After Reggie gets killed and you fight Augustine, I thought that was really cool... but having to fight her again not so long later in almost the exact same way, that was kinda boring. Her whole giant spider rock thing was kinda cool, but that fight felt so slow. I wish I had more shards at the time to upgrade the concrete powers.

I knew the forth power was gonna be concrete considering that's what Delsin was after for the entire game. The concrete powers are pretty cool, especially that boulder dash. It sucks though because I don't feel very inclined to collect more shards to upgrade the concrete abilities.

END SPOILERS:

Overall it was a pretty cool game and the powers were fun, but somehow I feel disappointed. Ah well.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery was pretty darn boring. Very pretty art and the music is great, but there's not much there gameplay-wise and it is not as funny as it thinks it is.

I got to level 50 and Regenerated in Titanfall, so I'm adding it to the list. That's pretty much the first time I've reached max level in an online shooter.

Just smashed out Silent Hill Homecoming - with a UFO ending!...whilst drunk!!

Was fucking awesome, what usually scares the willy off me actually made me laugh when drunk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle