2014 Completed Games List

Updated my list with my first game of the year to be fully completed, Gone Home. I have owned it since the day it came to Steam, but just now had the time to play it. Really neat! It's like a masters course in level design.

PS3

L.A. Noire
I was originally intending to just play up to the finale of the homicide cases since that's where it should've ended. But instead I found myself playing up till the end. It was actually more enjoyable a second time around since I knew there was no big pay off at the end. Still a very flawed game though.

Bioshock Infinite
Mind... Blown... It may not be as good as the first Bioshock but I love the contrast between the two games. Bioshock has you going down into this dark, horrific hell while infinite sends you up into this colorful, beautiful heaven. The middle is a little uneasy but the beginning and end more than make up for it. Highlight below if you've beaten it...

I'm guessing the ending confused the hell out of you too. Although I think i get it... Comstock is Booker from an alternate reality. This confused me because ComStock is an old man. However since this game has an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of possibilities anything is possible. Also you never really see Booker since it's an FPS which is actually pretty ingenious. Because we never see much of Booker it's impossible for us to realize he looks like Comstock, just a couple decades younger. If it were a third person game I might have noticed a similarly while playing. But anyway Elizabeth is Booker's daughter, who was originally named Anna, who he has no memory of. In Comstock's world he never had a daughter so he kidnaps Anna and raises her in his universe under a new name; Elizabeth. Booker originally agrees to give up his daughter for reasons i'm not sure of but then regrets it when it's too late. When the game starts Booker has actually entered Comstock's universe to get his daughter back.

But some things i'm unclear on. Like how does Elizabeth have these powers to begin with? How is she able to open tears into alternate worlds? Are we just meant to believe she's the second coming of Jesus? Lol. Also who exactly are the man and woman you encounter throughout the game. Since they are in the very beginning in the row boat are they the one's who sent Booker to Comstock's universe? They seem to be the puppeteers pulling the strings until Elizabeth becomes the one with answers. Their existence confuses me a lot.

Not entirely sure if this counts, but:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Finally beat Dracula in single player. Maxing out Charlotte's Acidic Bubbles was a damn good idea.

WickedLiquid said:
PS3

L.A. Noire
I was originally intending to just play up to the finale of the homicide cases since that's where it should've ended. But instead I found myself playing up till the end. It was actually more enjoyable a second time around since I knew there was no big pay off at the end. Still a very flawed game though.

Bioshock Infinite
Mind... Blown...

**The stuff you said, but cant be quoted because of the grey**

The Lutece twins built Columbia, and they're the scientists behind the tears. They're the ones who basically experimented with .....science...and created what I can only describe as a "reality shift portal". That's what that machine near the end was...that was the machine they used to get Booker's Anna.
About Lizzie's powers, I'm unsure. But I think it has something to do with her pinky? And that it's simply because she's been in two different worlds? Dunno!

Dan moved it over to the Bioshock thread so we can get all spoilerific.

And yes, every time I add a game to this list i'm going to talk about it and hopefully get a discussion going.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Brothers. That was just such an epic journey. Very satisfied with another free game from Plus.

Also finished that recently on the pc. Such a wonderful experience, so many feels.

I would add Brothers soon, but I'm stuck at this area. I know I'm supposed to get the key off this creature ( I even looked at YouTube for confirmation), but it's not letting grab this key. I might have to re-download the game.

There are literally 4 inputs in that game Howie - how are you fucking it up?! Please tell me you're pressing the right trigger when you've approached the troll?

Recently finished the Tiny Tina DLC from Borderlands 2. Even though I find her one of the more irritating characters from the game, the dlc was nothing short of amazing. Just tons of rpg references everywhere, which to someone like me I found endlessly entertaining And a surprisingly touching ending from a game that prides itself on its crass humor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod