2014 Completed Games List

Nipped PoP 2008 in the bud! Got the last of the achievements I needed or it too - yay!

Now I need to get all the epilogue achievements. Quite annoying!...because I suck at this.

I'm adding Destiny to my list at least for the story missions. This is a game can't really be beaten.

Beyond: Two Souls. Better story than I was expecting. QD is still the premier story teller experience with tons of alternative outcomes buried within.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for PS4.

I loved it, most of it anyway. The game has a few niggling problems but most of it was awesome. My biggest complaint however lies below in spoilers:

Spoilers:

The ending was really disappointing. I mean, it sucked. The game was so great and it was such a fun, exciting journey, but the ending was so lacking, it felt like a roller coaster just coming to a complete stop. I'll explain why.

I was really looking forward to the boss fights with "The Tower" and "The Black Hand", the main villains of the game. The Tower is a tall, built, bald grey guy with armour welded onto his skin. The guy has no lips and speaks with a really intelligent, educated tone (compared to the orcs). He's one of the most intimidating characters I've ever seen in a video game, his design is great and I was really looking forward to fighting him... sadly, his boss fight is a VERY easy "stealth fight".

The final show down against the Black Hand was very disappointing too. The Black Hand is the guy who killed Talion's family at the beginning of the game, I was expecting some kinda epic final duel fuelled by vengeance or something... instead, we get a quick time event that doesn't even last thirty seconds.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is a fantastic game but sadly the ending just feels so disappointing. It was a sad way to finish off such a great, fun experience.

End spoilers.

You can see my user review of the game right here - http://www.gamerevolution.com/mreview/p ... ster_Craig

I didn't mind the ending. I wrote in the review that I didn't actually finish the game before issuing a score or critique, but that really isn't "the point" of the game. I don't want to sound like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor could possibly support the kind of disagreement and discourse that came out of something like the end of Mass Effect 3, just that the Nemesis system is meant to offer a lot of "sandbox" style gameplay which goes a long way in entertainment value (perhaps more than I expected it to given the way it apes the best parts of Batman's Arkham games and Assassin's Creed).

I certainly wouldn't call the ending of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor controversial like Mass Effect 3, I agree with you, it wasn't really -that- bad.

I guess I was just so disappointed with the ending because the game was really fun and I really enjoyed playing it, so I was expecting the ending to be just as exciting. To me, the ending felt very lacking.

The Nemesis system is very enjoyable at first, but over time it's not as "unique" as the developers claim... still, it is an interesting concept and it's well delivered. It certainly does add to the game's length and entertainment.

Finished Tearaway on the Vita. It is the only game I've seen to make really good use of all of the Vita's features. While it is short, it is a very charming title and would strongly recommend it to anyone who has a Vita.

Just finished The Evil Within.

Was quite interesting, the ending was a little unclear but I think I get what happened! Good game.

MattAY said:
Just finished The Evil Within.

Was quite interesting, the ending was a little unclear but I think I get what happened! Good game.

I just finished The Evil Within as well, MattAY!

It was pretty good but I found the storyline a bit confusing, the voice acting and characters pretty crap and at times the game got incredibly frustrating. That being said it still was an enjoyable experience and a good game for the survival horror genre.

I give The Evil Within a B+, which is a 4 out of 5 here at GameRevolution.

Here's my user review if anyone is interested - http://www.gamerevolution.com/mreview/x ... ster_Craig

Haha, you reckon? :p

In my opinion I thought Ruvik had the best character and voice acting. Maybe it's just me being biased. Ruvik was played by Jackie Earle Haley (the guy who played Rorschach in the Watchmen film).

Likewise. There's certainly no shortage of games I have started, though. I often get bored of many of the newer games pretty quickly.

Or...dare I say....were growing up?! :'(

I certainly don't play 6 hours at a time anymore. 2 hour bursts most of the time.

I have the time to play six hour bursts, I just feel guilty when I do.
THAT is what growing up is all about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle