2014 Completed Games List

kjYAx3.gif

Just tapped out DMC3 on Normal and Hard. Going through Vergil's playthrough now - never actually done this before, I only had the standard edition in the past.

Fun as fuck.

I remember going through all of DMC on Easy, Medium and Hard with both Dante and Vergil back on the PS2. Of course, I couldn't handle the higher difficulties, especially "Dante Must Die" or whatever crazy one it was.

Haha nice. I'm doing it on easy now to get all blue orbs and style levels, and purchasing as much vital stars as possible....then I'm going for dante must die mode! The absolute hardest thing is Beowulf in the whole game for me though. I cant handle that boss.

DMC 3 was a very hard game.

I don't know why, but when Capcom had the game released to the US and Europe, for some reason they changed our difficulty. Our "Normal" mode was actually Japan's "Hard" mode. So we were essentially playing on hard mode from the word go.

In DMC 3: Special Edition, they switched it back to our "Normal" mode was, uh, normal. So technically DMC3: Special Edition is easier than the original DMC 3.

I remember playing it first time on normal, the first two missions were easy. Then end of 3rd mission is Cerberus - and I got stuck for hours! So much frustration. I didn't want to wuss out for the easy option. But it was such a shift from easy to BOLLOCKING HARD!

I've fallen in love with Trickster style too, I just press a button to dodge now instead of that awkward side-rolling.

Trickster was my favourite style too.

To be honest I had the most fun playing as Vergil with his Dark Slayer style. That is bad ass, combined with his three weapons.

The Sword Master style for Dante is fun too, but that's one thing I hated about DMC 3, you couldn't switch styles in real time, you had to do it at the beginning of a level or at one of those gold statues. That's what I liked about DMC 4, playing as Dante and switching between all the styles.

I finished Earth Defence Force 2025 with a paltry 55 GS. Just did one play though on Normal. I have no patience to play though all 85 missions on each difficulty and with all four characters. Fun game, but like 2017, it can get repetitive and tedious. Took me two and half weeks to finish because I'd do like five missions and decide that was enough for the day.

DMC3 was the best DMC. I loved using the various styles, though like others here, I found Trickster to be the most fun to use.

I didn't know that about the difficulty Craig. Now at least I know why the game seemed to kick my ass so much. Still was the most fun I had with a DMC game though. I should really go back and play it again sometime. If I could just get rid of my gaming backlog...

Just finished Journey for the first time this weekend. Beautiful game and I hope to get through it again at some point. But as I said above, I really want to whittle down my gaming backlog a bit.

I'm having to re-beat DMC3 as Dante now.

Yeah, I accidentally saved over my previous run with my Vergil save. Oops.

^ I was very close to doing that!

I was also flicking through the costumes for Dante and going, "where's Vergil!?!? I just fucking unlocked him!!"

I get how the game works now. Vergil's health bar is so small :(

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Sure I'm late to the party, but holy fuck that game was great.

Not too difficult, but still really fun.

I found the non-combat turns (resource management or whatever) to be extremely difficult the first time through. It could be that I'm not all that smart.

I had difficulty once when my medic was critically injured, and the two other people with medpacks healed each other to avoid him healing them.

All in all, I managed to avoid a lot of deaths. I think I had like 4 people die who were above recruit status.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod