12 gauge buckshot > Xenomorphs

xDUMPWEEDx

Novice
I recently picked up an Atari Jaguar, which is a system ive been wanting since 1994. The Jaguar was a powerful system for its time, but unfortunately the lack of third party support resulted in low sales. The Jaguar was designed to lay the smack down on the SNES and Genesis, and with more support it could easily have. Unfortunately for Atari, the Saturn and PS1 released a year later and completely obliterated the Jaguar (as well as the 3DO).

One of the best games for the Jaguar was Alien vs Predator, which was developed by Rebellion (the same developer who made Aliens vs Predator in 2010). Alien vs Predator was not only one of the best games on the Jaguar, but also one of the best games of 1994.

Here is a pic of me playing Alien vs Predator, with the included Colonial Marine controller overlay.
43025417397113605117210.jpg

Random Youtube gameplay of Alien vs Predator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEhFFU_vRZE

Alien vs Predator on Jaguar and Alien Trilogy on PS1/Saturn are my favorite Alien franchise games. However I think Aliens: Colonial Marines which releases fall 2012 will top all the previous Aliens games and be the best in the franchise. It's one of my most anticipated games of 2012.

that is one of the only good games on that system....

get tempest 2000 and Doom as well...after that the quality begins to sink...

That looks pretty awesome. I'm glad the "run-backwards-while-firing" tactic translates to all consoles.

Yea if anyone is into retro gaming, and especially the Aliens movie franchise, id recommend to pick up a Jaguar and AvP off ebay. The prices on Jags have gone up significantly though over the past few years due to it becoming somewhat rare and the almost 20 year age of the system now.

A cheaper option is to just pick up Alien Trilogy on the PS1 from ebay for a few bucks
and just throw it into your PS3 and play it. It is one of my favorite FPS games on the PS1.

I've tried playing AVP on a few different emulators but every Jaguar emulator I use sucks. I need to break down and buy one.
I also want to play Kasumi Ninja. When it comes to notoriously bad games I have a strange fascination.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod